News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

St. Louis Bar &Grill

EnviroTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Are all the St.Louis priced the same? I went to the one at Cityplace the other night because I had heard the wings were good it seems overpriced. I pay about the same for The Keg and leave full. I had wings and rib combo and there were only about six baby wings. Very good quality though. I am wondering if the one in Cityplace has higher prices being at the Dome. It was pretty packed in there... I was surprised how well it was doing considering the turnover on Queens Quay at the location the Swiss Chalet is now at and the Bamboo across the street.

With Duff's over on College west of Bathurst now, I find that's my favourite wings place. Sure they're a bit pricey, but they're large and of good quality, the sauces are great (spicy BBQ and spicy honey garlic are so good) and the beer+wings combos are reasonably priced.

Funny - I just had lunch yesterday at the Dixon Rd Etobichoke St Louis, and the wings only came in 9s and 18s. Cajun Dust* and Hot'n'Honey were pretty good flavours. The wings themselves were not huge - I'm glad I only had to pay Tuesday prices.

I'm a big Duff's fan too ShonTrons.

*It looks like Marjorie Dawes' exhortations for us all to keep our weight down by eating dust have had an effect.

I used to walk past the St. Louis in North York Centre all the time, but I never thought it was a chain. It looked pretty dank and dive-barish. Then they opened this "family restaurant" style on Bremner. I guess they decided to Uncle Moe the place.

The hand dryers are awesome. Seriously.

The hand dryers are unbelievable. First, they actually work, and secondly, no, actually before first, they must have a jet engine in them. The counter below them must have hurricane strapping to hold it in place. Truly, with these hand dryers, we have finally stepped confidently into the 21st century (with dry hands).

Dunno about prices, but in my experience quality varies a lot between St. Louis locations. For example, I know the one near Yonge & Eg used to be great, and the one near Yonge & Sheppard... notsomuch.

Has anyone tried the new St. Louis location at Atrium on Bay (it opens onto Edward St) yet to determine where it ranks?

i've tried st louis early this week at Atrium on Bay.. while decent, I will be going back to Duff's next time around.

If you are ever out in Long Branch, there is a place called Sloppy Joe's, on the south side of Lakeshore just east of Brown's Line, that has very good wings...extra large, these chickens must have been on steroids, and quite cheap...:)

DO NOT HAVE CHICKEN WINGS AT THE FAN OR BILLY BOBS (Jane and Bloor.) Nice bones, to be sure, but that's about it.

The hand dryers are unbelievable. First, they actually work, and secondly, no, actually before first, they must have a jet engine in them. The counter below them must have hurricane strapping to hold it in place. Truly, with these hand dryers, we have finally stepped confidently into the 21st century (with dry hands).

These type of dryers have been in the states for a while now. I've seen them in Maryland and North Carolina in some of the 'Rest Areas', and in a number of the restaurants in Wisconsin near the Illinois border.

Now that Toronto has them, they might investigate those super-flush toilets that I have also seen - guaranteed to take an elephant down the pipe. :)

Back