News   Mar 28, 2024
 291     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 318     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING NEWS: Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 12s
Superior Court Justice Ian Nordheimer ruled in favour of the media in disclosing wiretap information in judgment sent just now.

Holy crap! This is too much too process! Papers are going to have to release multiple front pages.

The wiretaps are going to be more significant than the crack admission. It'll show him actively seeking drugs showing him yet again for a liar.

Ok, so yeah, we'll all just forgive and forget. It was a lapse, and you're better now, and all is right in the world.

From the Toronto Sun. Remember that these are the people who will still vote.
CAL said:
• a minute ago

He came clean and that was probably really hard to do. He obviously made some bad decisions in his past, but so have many politicians and Canadians in general.

This whole thing has gotten out of hand, some of that Fords fault, some the media. Everyone in Toronto is aware of this situation and everyone has already made up their mind. At this point the media and the Left's are really just talking to each other. I believe in forgiveness and the bottom line Ford is doing a good job as Mayor.

I know how I will be voting next October 27th and I encourage Torontonians to think for themselves. Just because the media says you should be outraged doesn't mean you have to be.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/0...0-pounds-off-my-back-mayor-rob-ford-tells-sun

Holy crap! This is too much too process! Papers are going to have to release multiple front pages.

The wiretaps are going to be more significant than the crack admission. It'll show him actively seeking drugs showing him yet again for a liar.

I wonder if the timing of his confession was in hopes the judge would show mercy?

BREAKING NEWS: Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 12s
Superior Court Justice Ian Nordheimer ruled in favour of the media in disclosing wiretap information in judgment sent just now.

ok, here it is, now we know why Ford admitted today, because in a couple days things are gonna get much, much worse for him...

Ford didn't admit that he was smoking crack in the video though. He just admitted that he's used crack in the past. He said that he was still asking for the video to be released so that he could see his own behavior or something. Not sure if there's any significance to that from a legal POV, but i thought it was a strange thing to say. Perhaps he said it because people will start asking for his arrest based on what's depicted in the recording.

No, he is now running a "drunken stupor" political defence- i.e., he said that he wants everyone to see the video so that they can see what a state he was in when it was recorded; this, to his mind, will show that he only made the 'mistake' of smoking crack because he was very drunk, which is far less reprehensible than smoking it because he likes it. (And, you will recall from last Sunday, "hopefully" he will stop getting very drunk repeatedly!)

Well, my head is blown. I didn't think he'd admit it. And if I had to admit something like that, I'd have had a good stiff drink first too ...

I wonder what he thinks will happen next. I think that he thinks this ends it. I don't think so. Surely the US media are now booking their flights to Toronto ...

But in the end ... what's new? We all knew this already.

It's a huge and courageous first step for Rob Ford. Hopefully he finds the help that he needs.

If we dilute the effort it won't be as effective in my view. Odds are we will need it as much next Wednesday as today. And today is impossible to do well. Please help us keep it focused on next Wednesday.
That's not a bad idea. This has reached a fever pitch. It's time to move the Nov 13 event to right now. SaveToronto, please post via your channels. People just need to go down there with some chalk and their voice and fill the square.

There is a rally next Wednesday at Noon. http://savetoronto.ca/ Feel free to get involved and help.

The rally has to happen today, even without being organized. I think it'll come together spontaneously if people just show up today chalking up the square. We don't have to wait for City Council to meet, they're there right now in their offices overlooking the square.

No, he is now running a "drunken stupor" political defence- i.e., he said that he wants everyone to see the video so that they can see what a state he was in when it was recorded; this, to his mind, will show that he only made the 'mistake' of smoking crack because he was very drunk, which is far less reprehensible than smoking it because he likes it. (And, you will recall from last Sunday, "hopefully" he will stop getting very drunk repeatedly!)

Which really didn't need to happen since obviously he was impaired when he was in that video. He was smoking crack :/

Antonia Zerbisias @AntoniaZ
RT @jpags Superior Court Justice Nordheimer ruled in favour of media in disclosing wiretap information in judgment sent just now. #TOpoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back