1.8K     1 

Transit City Plan

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
What was altered last night was a small change in the length of tunnel being created for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT. This section of Scarborough will now be an elevated LRT or at grade. It will not impede traffic or take up laneways. It freed up over $1.7 billion so we can build the Sheppard Subway and give residents of Ward 10 the transit options they need. It is not Transit City and not "another St. Clair."
This needs to be repeated a thousand times.

This needs to be repeated a thousand times.

CLEARLY you can see how things may be misinterpreted, considering, everyone on these boards keep saying it will be at-grade, and that at-grade will be almost as fast as subway (which is clearly false, it will be substantially slower).

This isn't a stab at you personally JasonParis

TBH, the motions by themselves said nothing about extending Sheppard as a subway; the section moved - while not long, certainly wasn't insignificantly short, and the above ground alternative wasnt reflected in the budget. Just a word of caution.

AoD

Rob Ford is now talking about having a transit referendum.

Great... now a bunch of Torontonians who know NOTHING about transit could be deciding what gets built. This is not how transit should be built.

It's a compromise I can live with. But I still think LRT is overkill on Finch, if they are only going to do it from Finch West to Sheridan College. I'd rather see more of Finch get BRT with that money.

Wait a minute, I thought council voted yesterday for LRT on Finch West in addition to the Eglinton Crosstown, plus a panel for Sheppard? So what is going on with Finch?

I do not know what Councillor Pasternak answered in that letter. He seemed to say close to the opposite of what I thought happened yesterday. Maybe he doesn't want to tell his constituents that there is no Finch West subway.

...................Finch West............Eglinton................Sheppard East
Vote...............LRT......................at-grade...............study by pro LRT experts
Councillor.........no mention.............elevated..............subway

Back