News   Mar 28, 2024
 391     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 367     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 715     0 

Downtown Yonge

Actually, The 3 Brewers a pretty neat place. The front windows on the main floor swing wide open on to the street on nice days, so that kind of gives you a bit of an open air vibe, though there is no space for a real patio. That said, the inside is extremely nice, with several levels and brewing tanks visible on each level. Tried all four of the main beers and enjoyed them all. The food was pretty decent, too, definitely above average for a pub. It's a bit of a touristy place but it suits the area well and I'm looking forward to having a decent alternative to the Jack Astor's / Milestones / Greenjeans axis of evil when I find myself there for shopping or an AMC movie.

Actually, The 3 Brewers a pretty neat place. The front windows on the main floor swing wide open on to the street on nice days, so that kind of gives you a bit of an open air vibe, though there is no space for a real patio. That said, the inside is extremely nice, with several levels and brewing tanks visible on each level. Tried all four of the main beers and enjoyed them all. The food was pretty decent, too, definitely above average for a pub. It's a bit of a touristy place but it suits the area well and I'm looking forward to having a decent alternative to the Jack Astor's / Milestones / Greenjeans axis of evil when I find myself there for shopping or an AMC movie.

Anyplace that serves beer made on premises is worth a shot for me. The interior looks slightly cheezy but fun. Here's a video of it I found via a local beer info site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1LVnQkAqk

Is Mr. Greenjeans still around? I must admit I didn't even bother to look up and check last time I was in the Eaton's Centre. I prefer to go back to my earlier childhood memories of the place when I was enamoured with colourful menus and big drinks rather than my more realistic horror at having lunch in a lousy tourist trap when I was older.

Mr Greenjeans still there. Looking up at it recently, I felt the combo of Greenjeans + the Eaton Centre's classic high-tech greenhouse aesthetic to be strangely harmonious--that is, recalling an era when Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" was current.

For some reason, I hope Mr Greenjeans lasts. Something ingenuously retro-homegrown there, if by default. And as long as we're dealing with that period and mode of eating, I find myself missing the glory days of Toby's, too...

Yeah, it does have that early 80's feel written all over it. With all the reno work over the years you have to imagine a little harder with the rest of the Eaton Centre but I get what you're saying. Is the fountain still there?

Last edited:

Agreed. I love that they serve the beer in litre steins like in Europe, not sure why more places in the city don't do that. $8.75 for a litre is pretty decent too, you pay nearly that for a pint in most places. Can't really comment on the food as I was in there late and we only had the nachos. They weren't anything special but for $8 I can't complain. Everything else on the menu looked pretty reasonably priced as well. I really don't get why they anglicized the name though, it sounds a lot better en francais.

Yes, I agree. I love those open concept windows. It's so Montreal and brings a festive atmosphere to Yonge St.

I noticed last night that the OLG is now broadcasting their lottery draws from a studio with a glass wall facing Dundas Street, just west of Yonge, across from where the famous Joey's will be moving too.
People actually stopped to watch the Pick 3/4 and tourists were taking pictures. Now all we need is our own Yolanda Vega!

Joey's? Did someone say Joey's? :D

Oh yes. Joey's! People in Joey's can check their 6/49 numbers live as they are drawn. Of course being in Joey's will be more exciting than winning the jackopt, so they may not.

I noticed last night that the OLG is now broadcasting their lottery draws from a studio with a glass wall facing Dundas Street, just west of Yonge, across from where the famous Joey's will be moving too.
People actually stopped to watch the Pick 3/4 and tourists were taking pictures. Now all we need is our own Yolanda Vega!

They've been doing that for a while, haven't they?

I'm not sure if it's been posted elsewhere, but Marbel Slab Creamery is opening on Yonge north of Dundas.

Back