1.1K     3 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

"horses still do that."
QUOTE Mustapha.

Friedrich Alfred Krupp would be proud.

Regards,
J T

Then and Now for March 12.

Then. 454 Yonge c1918. "Branch of Royal Bank, Toronto. F.S. Baker, F.R.I.B.A., Architect". Thank you wwwebster for sourcing this rare picture.

444454Yongec1918.jpg

[Fellow]R.I.B.A.: http://www.architecture.com/

Now. September 2011.

445.jpg

And what's the 'tallest building in the British Empire'? - isn't 1925 too early for Commerce Court North - is the date wrong?

And what's the 'tallest building in the British Empire'? - isn't 1925 too early for Commerce Court North - is the date wrong?

I agree - the date is wrong.
The "tallest building in the British Empire" (Bank of Commerce) was not begun until 1929.

I agree - the date is wrong.
The "tallest building in the British Empire" (Bank of Commerce) was not begun until 1929.

The date is wrong. Goldie is right - and it's also set in stone - the cornerstone says 'Erected 1929.'

Very observant, themarc.
I dare-say that there's no Torontonian living today who has ever seen less snow in the city than we've had this winter.
Last week, I shot this scene in Cedarbrook Park so as to have a record of our amazing winter.
Hope I'm not speaking too soon!

CedarbrookParkMarch712.jpg

Very observant, themarc.
I dare-say that there's no Torontonian living today who has ever seen less snow in the city than we've had this winter.
Last week, I shot this scene in Cedarbrook Park so as to have a record of our amazing winter.
Hope I'm not speaking too soon!

CedarbrookParkMarch712.jpg

What's more amazing when I am talking to my wife about where to go on holidays and we are at a bit of a loss to choose some place warm as we still haven't been chilled yet this winter LOL

Happy to help. So far the only image of 33 King West I’ve been able to find is beyond the timeframe you’re interested in. Published in Illustrated Toronto: Past and Present, 1877:

http://ia600409.us.archive.org/Book...tratedtor00timbuoft_0526.jp2&scale=1&rotate=0

I’ve attached a cropped image.

Thank you wwwebster :D Thanks for going the extra and cropping it too :) Sorry it has been a few days since I have had a chance to get back to you. I appreciate your help. Very cool to actually find people like you :) I continue on, working like mad on my project...... will let you know if I find anything

Back