Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Awesome time lapse video, thanks very much. I know you just posted that one but I already find myself looking forward to the next video you post =)

I just heard from my wife walking by that they have brought the big diggers to the yard! It would be great if anyone can snap a picture of the site.

Yay!

I just heard from my wife walking by that they have brought the big diggers to the yard! It would be great if anyone can snap a picture of the site.

Yay!
It would be great if you could read the thread before posting!

ethervizion posted a hi def timelapse video just a few posts up.

Last edited:
The new ramp was built to access the loading area for College Park temporarily. The old ramp will be removed and replaced with a permenant ramp that will be part of the structure of the parking garage. The temporary ramp is fairly steep and will be there for a while, which is why they paved it.

Awesome time lapse video, thanks for posting it!

Thanks, valkoholic. I noticed that the day after the new ramp was paved and the old ramp closed, they immediately started pile driving at the entrance of the old ramp.

The permit says they're building six storeys of underground parking with a four storey podium, so I'm not sure if that's six floors of parking plus the concourse (so seven storeys below grade), or if it's actually five storeys of parking and one storey of retail

I'm 90% sure it's six levels of basement. The top two levels of basement are 75% retail / 25% parking (the retail is east of the truck ramp, parking is west of the ramp). The bottom four levels are all parking. The retail is on two levels of basement but it is actually only a single level with a double-height ceiling.

Hint! When I see that there's activity on the thread, I assume that somebody's posted an update or a new picture, so I happily go to check it. Discovering that it's just somebody asking for updates or new pictures, said happiness turns to irritation.

I think it's fair to assume that when people have updates or pictures to post, they'll post'em. In the meantime, before writing "Any updates??" posts, consider all the people who'll wind up clicking the link for naught.

Apology

I sincerely apologize to anyone who were misguided by my post.

To show my apology, I took the trouble of going downtown today to get a few shots of the construction.

Attachments

• IMG00057-20100302-1508.jpg
    IMG00057-20100302-1508.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG00058-20100302-1509.jpg
    IMG00058-20100302-1509.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG00059-20100302-1510.jpg
    IMG00059-20100302-1510.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG00056-20100302-1508.jpg
    IMG00056-20100302-1508.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 329
Hello FanofToronto,

Its an interesting world isn't it. There are innumerable comments saying to the effect of: 'Great Picture', or 'I agree with your comment', or expressing personal opinion (i.e. bias) without adding any information to the thread, all without any comment from other participants, and yet a simple query asking if there are any more current updates or pictures gets a negative reaction like this?

As the rought translation from the Latin expression goes - Don't let the........

AHK

There are innumerable comments saying to the effect of: 'Great Picture', or 'I agree with your comment', or expressing personal opinion (i.e. bias) without adding any information to the thread, all without any comment from other participants

There are people here who post almost nothing but the kinds of comments you mention, and trust me, they've been derided for it.

Back