News   Mar 28, 2024
 120     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 182     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 251     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

Anyone know if Smoke's is actually opening up on Church? Not that I'm dying for poutine but just curious.

Same goes for Yoghurty's.

I live just south of Maple Leaf Gardens and with the renovations / closings, it seems like we'll be in for a lot of change into the summer. Hopefully not so many empty storefronts!

Anyone know if Smoke's is actually opening up on Church? Not that I'm dying for poutine but just curious.

Same goes for Yoghurty's.

I live just south of Maple Leaf Gardens and with the renovations / closings, it seems like we'll be in for a lot of change into the summer. Hopefully not so many empty storefronts!

On the Smoke's website, it says "Church/Wellesley Coming Soon" so it's definitely planned to come to the village. The location, I'm not sure!

I don't think there is any confirmation about Yoghurty's, but if the rumor is true, I expect it to open in the late spring-early summer.

We need a Fresh in the area. I emailed the head office and apparently they considered it last year but couldn't find a space of a suitable size and character when scouting in the area. So sad!

We need a Fresh in the area. I emailed the head office and apparently they considered it last year but couldn't find a space of a suitable size and character when scouting in the area. So sad!

I feel like Fresh is one of those places the gays would eat up. I'm so down for that idea.

I feel like Fresh is one of those places the gays would eat up. I'm so down for that idea.

Agreed! Whenever I'm in the Village I find it hard to find food that's quick and healthy. Ginger is OK, but otherwise you're left mostly with greasy pub fare. Gimme some salad!!

The one thing Pusateri Fruit Market still has going for it is the excellent quality of the fresh fruits and vegetables. IMO there is still no other grocer that can compare with them on that front. Their problem is all the other stuff. They just won't be able to cut it charging close to $2 for a small can of Campbell's soup and whatnot. As much as I love them, I don't know how they will face this challenge. Before Lobalws opened I went to Pusateri for almost everything. For produce, I still go to Pusateri. For everything else it's Loblaws. You would have to be an idiot to do otherwise.

I'm with you. We need some healthy alternatives on Church street although when it comes to Salad places, for my money hands down the best place in the city is the tiny "Salad Days" shop in Cumberland Terrace. For about $4.00 you can get a "small" Cobb Salad that is jam-packed with healthy goodness. If you have never tried this place do yourself a favor and check it out the next time you are in Cumberland Terrace.

l.jpg

photo credit Yelp.ca

Last edited:
$4, that's about the right price for a salad.
Sometimes I am surprised that people don't mind all the hassle to get into a nice restaurant but ending up paying $12+ tip for some generic green vegetable, cheap chicken and tiny bit of nuts they can buy from a grocery store for less than $2.

I'm with you. We need some healthy alternatives on Church street although when it comes to Salad places, for my money hands down the best place in the city is the tiny "Salad Days" shop in Cumberland Terrace. For about $4.00 you can get a "small" Cobb Salad that is jam-packed with healthy goodness. If you have never tried this place do yourself a favor and check it out the next time you are in Cumberland Terrace.

The hubs went to pick up salads for dinner since he works from home and the place closes at 4. Let me tell you. Two salads of this calibre for under 9$ was an amazing steal. The guy even chopped up extra cucumber and threw in chick peas because we both hate tomatoes.

The hubs went to pick up salads for dinner since he works from home and the place closes at 4. Let me tell you. Two salads of this calibre for under 9$ was an amazing steal. The guy even chopped up extra cucumber and threw in chick peas because we both hate tomatoes.

It really is the best deal in town. You can't make a salad like that at home for less money. For some variety they happily substitute free of charge a big scoop of tuna fish in place of the chicken.

That would be nice and there is that spot next to the Pizza Nova.

Plus two spots opening up where Super Fresh Mart used to be at Maitland St.

I thought Super Fresh Mart was taking one of the spots?

The store is being chopped up into three retail spaces, Super Fresh Mart is taking one of the three - at least that's what I've heard, and what it looks like peeking in.

Back