Toronto The Livmore | 138.68m | 43s | Vertica | IBI Group

TonyV, do you know when the renderings will go public? And are you familiar with which materials the different sections are clad with?

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

Jenga!

Yeah, I have no idea what his post was trying to accomplish. I think the general gist is that we ARE excited about Toronto adopting more deliberately Dutch neo-modernist architecture, and I'm pretty sure we DON'T just want more CASA and Four Seasons. But thanks.

Oh crap, sarcasm just doesn't work in print. A very Canadian sorry. YES, I'd like to see more difference in design, not just majestic glass boxes. In the Nederlands, the feverish topic of conversation is all about the buildings, and people seem to enjoy the conversation the new buildings evoke. At public meetings in Toronto, the debate isn't about esthetic, it's about fear of shadows and whether it's TCHC or student occupation. The Gerrard design is interesting, and if viewed from a severe angle from the street, probably interesting. From a distance however, it might look ugly, like that Cumberland addition.

Kind of looks like Montage in cityplace.

It will be a rental building... RAW Design; owner: Toronto College Park Ltd.

Last edited:
It will be a rental building... RAW Design; owner: Toronto College Park Ltd.

Yeah, at 149 meters in the area... this should have no problem on approvals, start-up could proceed soon after.
Hey, did HSC get a variance in height... the 25-storey Hospital for Sick Children research building, under construction.

Rental? Sweet! That means they could start construction right away as opposed to waiting through a sales/financing period like for a condo project. :)

Rental is great, design could be interesting.....

BUT...no retail????

That will not do, I don't want a building facing Bay and Gerrard w/something street-deadening at grade.

The planners have some other issues as well, including view-corridor.

Including Bixi spaces is interesting.....

Back