News   Mar 28, 2024
 996     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 848     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

a/p I posted a picture on page 92. The project in the picture is in Chicago.

So you may have a point that we may not see one in Toronto.

Whatever, your a smart guy. You signed up a membership for UT when you saw Andrea's post.

good one!

/\ I believe the project in question is 300 North Lasalle; a future office tower in Chicago.

There is a separate thread in the World Buildings and Architecture section.

Also, Whatever, welcome to the jumble of hyper-opinionated threads that is Urban Toronto

Apparently the amount of overtime pay being given out is going through the roof on this project. They really don't want to fall behind!

It's still going to be nice, just not the nice I was expecting.
Although I don't believe everything I hear either. Particularly things I hear on message boards.

Either way at least RBC and Telus will make up for any losses that may happen at BAC.

A reason for the cheapening effect happening? This project remains the biggest dissapointment, despite its height and size.

Disappointment in regards to what?

Obviously your disappointment is not with the finished product but instead with the entire proposed development for the superblock.

went there today during lunch to see the actual site for the first time with my own eyes. its quite extraodinary. the huge steel columns and beams. the massive concrete core. quite awesome to see this thing go up.

It's still going to be nice, just not the nice I was expecting.
Although I don't believe everything I hear either. Particularly things I hear on message boards.

Either way at least RBC and Telus will make up for any losses that may happen at BAC.

What is there not to believe? The new render is up already.

It went from this:

3088706.1.l.jpg

To this:
rendering_bay_adelaide_centre_west_tower_3414.jpg

The wing on top of the first render was dropped in favour of one office floor and mechanical floor, meaning the tower hasn't gained or lost height since the redesign.

yeah, the graphic designer just didn't know what he/she was doing...it 'll look way better in real life versus the second render.

yeah, the graphic designer just didn't know what he/she was doing...it 'll look way better in real life versus the second render.

It wasn't just a mistake. Brookfield had even made mention of the wings in its own description of the building as they were to be a major architectural feature. An addition of one office floor and moving the mechanical floor up resulted in the space for the wing disappearing. Yes there is still a bit of a wing, but it isnt as defined as the original design, and will barely be noticed in the skyline.

Like my buddy said... Its going to look like a glass FCP.

The biggest disappoint to me is canceling the LED feature. Its something I was really looking forward to.

Back