News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

294 Richmond E @ Sherbourne (TLS, 6s, Sweeny &Co.) COMPLETE

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Six storey mixed use for the northwest corner. It went up quickly due to the steel frame construction.

IMG_5261.jpg

They used precast cement slabs for the floors.
IMG_5262.jpg

Doesn't the structure seems kind of fragile for a high-rise?

How good is that hollow concrete floor as a sound insulator...

Thankfully it's only a midrise then.

Ed, did you catch any of the architecture info about it on those signs? The pics are a bit fuzzy.

I drove down Richmond this morning and was surprised to see this one sticking out. Even though its only 6 floors it makes a nice impression on the street. Hope the cladding is decent. Hard to tell from the rendering posted.

Six floors seems conservative for a corner lot. I'm not complaining about the midrise nature which is important for the area's scale, but they could have done more with it.

Six floors seems conservative for a corner lot. I'm not complaining about the midrise nature which is important for the area's scale, but they could have done more with it.

Small lot and I guess they couldn't buy the rest so that restricted them. Still good infill for this area. And Modern across the street will make a huge difference to the area.

infill

Does this have a thread? 294 Richmond East. Thanks to Current on SSC for images.

2321219347_1ca9bcd41d_b.jpg

The building is well-scaled and quite striking but that base is totally inappropriate for anything other than a TD Canada Trust/Starbucks.

Back