Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

is there an official height for these 2 towers? and which tower is taller?. the north-east or south-west?
edit again: is this correct (if found it on the skyscraperpage diagrams database)

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=47894645

131.2m and 96.9m?

Steveve, the shorter of the two towers is the first-phase one on Richmond Street. It's 31 storeys high as you know, 96.85m according to the City's Rezoning Application Report. The higher second-phase 41-storey tower on Nelson at the southwest corner of the site is 131.15m high. Sorry about the missing 5cm from each tower, but that's the way it is!

is there a slight possibility that there could be a height increase in the future? (if all goes well). or is this the final proposal/height?

A work of art. Isn't that what the building is about? Can people not see humour in the surreal, unless it was signed off by Dali or Warhol?

That's one of the most hilarious renderings I've seen in a while. I'll reserve judgement until the thunder storm is over.

It has a very Gotham City look to it. I fully expect Batman to show up any second in his Tumbler and proceed to crack open the skulls of some of the more annoying clubbers roaming the area.

A work of art. Isn't that what the building is about? Can people not see humour in the surreal, unless it was signed off by Dali or Warhol?

You wouldn't see Warhol signing off on anything surreal--as his work comes from a completely opposite tradition...

My favorite part of the render is where they try to hide the fugliness of University Plaza by superimposing over it the lobby of Pei's CIBC building and what looks like the Xerox building at Yonge and Bloor.

It has a very Gotham City look to it. I fully expect Batman to show up any second in his Tumbler and proceed to crack open the skulls of some of the more annoying clubbers roaming the area.

I had the same thoughts, though I expect Bruce Wayne to occupy the penthouse unit.

i'm fond of the part that shows Richmond as a two way street. must have outsourced the render.

39dc0245.png

deepend you should do your homework on dali and warhol they were the kings of surreal, warhol made the everyday surreal

is there a slight possibility that there could be a height increase in the future? (if all goes well). or is this the final proposal/height?

This is the third and final* version of the development.

*Is anything ever final until the building registers?

I like the building, especially how the colours from OCAD are incorporated at the bottom and at the top.

I hear OCAD is going to have a cafe and gallery in the ground floor podium. Nice addition to the location.

deepend you should do your homework on dali and warhol they were the kings of surreal, warhol made the everyday surreal

Warhol is no more a King of Surrealism than I am the King of Patagonia. Just off the top of my head: Surrealism is an art movement that developed out of the Dada movement based in Zurich. it was more or less 'founded' by Andre Breton in 1924, with the publishing of the Surrealist Manifesto, and pretty much died by the end of World War Two. Profoundly influenced by the theories of Freud, it was mainly concerned with themes that related to dreams, automatic language, the unconscious, and sexuality. It was an almost exclusively European phenomenon, mainly French, and had virtually no impact on the United States at the time. Important surrealist artists include Ernst, de Chirico, Dali, Buñuel, Magritte and Man Ray.

56dfa6ce.jpg

bc4529b1.jpg

Back