463     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.6K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TTC's own findings show that there is limited opportunities for streetcars to be cost effective.In "Opportunities For New Streetcar Routes" the TTC found that expanding Streetcar service, even using existing rolling stock, was not feasible. Of note was the finding that replacing bus routes on routes with less than 6,000* riders per hour during peak times was not recommended. No bus routes in the city exceeded that level.

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/archives/reports/opportunities_for_new_streetcar_routes.pdf

at the time of the report the figure was 3600 peak passengers per hour per direction. They lowered the cutoff to 3000 pphpd to account for other benefits.

Just thought I'd point out that this report was completed in 1996. While many of it's findings are still entirely valid, the numbers used to calculate those ridership cut-off levels have changed. Fuel and labour costs specifically have risen dramatically since then, both of which favour streetcars, especially the even larger vehicles on order.

Oh, I finally get it.

The bickering here is some performance art of Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto ... and perhaps his City Council.

Very good guys ... my hat is off to you!

Try to be civil Doug as opposed to telling people they are "clueless" because they have different opinions.

Engineering isn't based on opinion.

I see you're another who gets off on dogpiling.

Everyone leave Doug alone. He just sounds like some douche that just cracked a text book about basic electricity at Humber College.

DOGPILING??? You have been DOUGPILING this whole thread.

It's uncanny - they've learned from the master!

[video=youtube;yOi2wIUCTnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOi2wIUCTnA[/video]

In Mayor Rob Ford's* Toronto...people will argue...a lot...about nothing!

*ughhh, I need to go wash my typing fingers.

Great, we can have a mayor who needs to blow off steam so everyone else can go on with the meeting once he's done.

Folks: re the last few pages, there are corresponding threads in the Transportation/Infrastructure forum. Go there. Here, it's just hogging space.

So, wait, hold on. What we're all coming to agree upon is that streetcars running amok in our city could easily electrocute the elderly and other upstanding citizens through the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back