Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Sorry no pics. I was just out on the town that night, and just wanted to check it out while in the area.

But hope you have fun in the UK.

Here is a pic that shows the logo taken by canmark who posted earlier in this thread a link to his Flickr page...

SL.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmark/7148979785/in/set-72157629979469025/lightbox/

Attachments

• SL.jpg
    SL.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
I got a couple of pictures of the sculpture, taken May 7th, couldn't get a decent unobstructed view with the blue fence in the way:

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

Is it that the "birds" look like twisted hands? Cause that creeps me out a bit to be honest.

That!... and it looks a little too much like some wild, post-radiation spill, genetic mutation. Somebody should shoot it fast before it multiplies!

It's creepy because it looks like a hungry flock of birds attacking some kind of animal. It's like a scene right out of a Hitchcock movie.

Is it that the "birds" look like twisted hands? Cause that creeps me out a bit to be honest.

Says the guy with the sociopaths of cinema avatar.
...but nice eye re: the hands. This work is a bit creepy but that it is not the usual playing nice because it's public art, is why I like it and why I think it is hard to ignore.
There is definitely some metaphors emanating from this work. It obviously has something to do with nature and he seems to be including the structure in there. ... Fascinating work.

Back