Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

Because Concord was forced to build a bridge by the city as part of the cityplace deal. They didnt want to build it, so they cheaped out. Simple. The only thing that matters is the bridge exists. Despite its questionable form it serves a purpose. Im sure most people living close to it wont care what it looks like at all because to them it will just be an easy way across the tracks.
Maybe the city should build such bridges then, cause they are part of the city's infrastructure.

I recall reading somewhere that the city is no longer installing pedestrian crosswalks, instead opting for pedestrian controlled traffic signals, due to safety concerns. This is why signals were installed nearby on Bathurst St. between Niagara and Wellingston Streets.

I really hope it's not one of those intersections where they forget to think about cyclists. At many of these pedestrian/vehicle initiated lights, cyclists have to choose between getting off their bike to hit the button or riding through the red.

I really hope it's not one of those intersections where they forget to think about cyclists. At many of these pedestrian/vehicle initiated lights, cyclists have to choose between getting off their bike to hit the button or riding through the red.

Well, they could install an easily accessible button that is at a manageable height for both pedestrians and cyclists, but we all know those don't exist anywhere in the world, right?

Seeing as this is also a pedestrian bridge, with large ramps, I am sure there will probably be signs and railings that will encourage cyclists to dismount, regardless. I can only imagine the accidents between cyclists and pedestrians using the ramps together.

Seeing as this is also a pedestrian bridge, with large ramps, I am sure there will probably be signs and railings that will encourage cyclists to dismount, regardless. I can only imagine the accidents between cyclists and pedestrians using the ramps together.
There's an old pedestrian bridge at the foot of Roncesvalles that goes over the Gardiner and Lake Shore Blvd to the waterfront and Martin Goodman Trail. It's heavily used in the summer by both pedestrians and cyclists. I've used it as both a pedestrian and cyclist. Collisions don't seem to be a problem, and it's narrower than Puente de Luz.

Last edited:
There's an old pedestrian bridge at the foot of Roncesvalles that goes over the Gardiner and Lake Shore Blvd to the waterfront and Martin Goodman Trail. It's heavily used in the summer by both pedestrians and cyclists. I've used it as both a pedestrian and cyclist. Collisions don't seem to be a problem, and it's narrower than Puente de Luz.

No comparison. Cityplace is the most popular neighbourhood in the GTA and there will be way more traffic than any pedestrian/cycling bridge in the city. Hoardes of people will be using it to get to Cityplace because everyone wants to be in Cityplace. It will be a problem the day the bridge opens.

In all seriousness though, you are right. The bridge is pretty damn wide so maybe it wont be a problem.

I recall reading somewhere that the city is no longer installing pedestrian crosswalks, instead opting for pedestrian controlled traffic signals, due to safety concerns. This is why signals were installed nearby on Bathurst St. between Niagara and Wellingston Streets.

Thanks for the info. I guess all of the crossings in the old city are grandfathered in then?

The only time Front Street west of Spadina looks busy is during peak in the peak direction. Though I only work in the area and don't live there so I can't say what it looks like at other times. Is there a lot of traffic at other times?

Or a Miley Cirus concert. The worst traffic jams of all actually aren't sporting events, they're concerts where 50,000 parents have to drive 50,000 kids back to the suburbs. With Jays and Argos games, the majority of the people are taking the public transit. The worst traffic I've ever seen was one night last summer when the end of a SkyDome concert coincided with the poorly announced closure and repaving of the Westbound Gardiner. I think the concert got out at 10:30 and there was a traffic jam until 3AM. I thought there was going to be rioting in the streets.

25 March 2012

IMG2977-L.jpg

IMG2984-L.jpg

IMG2987-L.jpg

IMG3016-XL.jpg

IMG3011-XL.jpg

Last edited:
The yellow looks awful. I saw it on the weekend while along Spadina. The color already looks tired and faded. Would have been better off red, black, or white imo.

I just saw it a few days ago and thought the same thing... it's yellow, yet the colour doesn't stand out or provide contrast to anything because it's a powdery, pale yellow. A nice red colour or white would have been much nicer.

Back