Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

Downside, it brings out the green in X's glass :(

From today:

6959847565_4497eb6009_b.jpg

6813732154_27867091b7_b.jpg

6959849395_fb47746303_b.jpg

6813737524_d5fd5eb057_b.jpg

I finally managed to get up here and take a good walk around this site today, it's not so bad. I like the recess in the middle (it breaks the box effect) and it doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. There's much worse out there. It's going to be very dramatic making that turn off Bloor or Mount Pleasant onto Jarvis (er, Teddy's Way or whatever) in a few years and meeting this row of diverse towers along with Casa, Casa 2 and 42 Charles looming on the west side of the street. Such rapid change in this area, and a good area for revitalization IMO.

now we need this rejuvenation to travel down Jarvis to the waterfront.

Um, no. Aside from what's already in the works, there are a couple of potential opportunities along the Richmond to Queen corridor, one or two parking lots near Dundas and a parking lot at Isabella Street, that's about it.

I was told there was going to be retail, but for those that have walked by the site, what are your thoughts? I can't seem to figure out where exactly the retail "may" be. When you look at the podium, there seems to be only the main entrance. At the south of Couture, there is a door, however I am thinking that door will be an entrance to the building itself, as opposed to an actual retail door. I can't, for the life of me, figure out where this retail could be. I am starting to wonder if there will be any retail at all at this point (may be the plans have changed? or perhaps there wasn't going to be any retail at all?). Can someone clue me in.

dt_toronto_geek: It's Ted Rogers Way, but I still call it Jarvis as do most people I'm sure :).

This has to be one of the fastest construction jobs I've seen in this city (after what seemed like forever to actually start construction). It seems like just yesterday when it hit grade. It's already almost topped out.

I was told there was going to be retail, but for those that have walked by the site, what are your thoughts? I can't seem to figure out where exactly the retail "may" be. When you look at the podium, there seems to be only the main entrance. At the south of Couture, there is a door, however I am thinking that door will be an entrance to the building itself, as opposed to an actual retail door. I can't, for the life of me, figure out where this retail could be. I am starting to wonder if there will be any retail at all at this point (may be the plans have changed? or perhaps there wasn't going to be any retail at all?). Can someone clue me in.

I don't recall any retail plans for Couture. There is for X2, perhaps that's what your thinking?

dt_toronto_geek: It's Ted Rogers Way, but I still call it Jarvis as do most people I'm sure :).

Ya, I know what it is... it's still Jarvis Street to me but I'll have to give into it being called Ted Rogers Way. The last time my mom came into Toronto to visit for a few days they missed the left turn down Jarvis because they were using GPS and knew they were looking for Jarvis Street but it's now called something different and they don't know the city well. They got all tangled up in traffic on Bloor east & west with no left/right turns and it took them an extra 1/2 hour to get to my place on Jarvis because of it.

This has to be one of the fastest construction jobs I've seen in this city (after what seemed like forever to actually start construction). It seems like just yesterday when it hit grade. It's already almost topped out.

Time seems to move quickly sometimes. They started pouring the second floor in late June so it's been nearly 9 months to get to where they are now.

Back