Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

No. In the context of "Will you and Khristopher be living in the tower?" as if their opinion means nothing since they're not purchasers. That comment came off as very arrogant in my opinion.

Is it as arrogant as your sneering condemnation of me for owning a condo in Market Wharf? I was simply asking if the opaque glass fans were my fellow residents or not. At the risk of adding what you will probably consider an injury to your extremely arrogant insult to me, are you a Market Wharf condo owner, or an egotripping neighbourhood bigot, or what?

Taken today. Still no glass - but this shot looks pretty sweet.

MARKET-WHARF-27-05-2012.jpg

From yesterday, at Cherry Beach:

7296299732_8977b29b2f_h.jpg

With George Brown in the foreground:
7296302930_61c21e0e18_h.jpg

Fitting into the rest of the skyline:
7296301256_4b77731b50_h.jpg

Last edited:
Market Wharf is almost topped out - working on the mechanical now.

Great photo, I really like this building. I believe those are the 2-storey PH units, mechanical is down below.

Looks good overall, although the tower is a bit of a slab much like NXT.

Blame the neighbourhood association for that. Appalled by the building's supposedly "excessive" height - abutting a rail corridor, no less - they managed to have a token few floors lobbed off, transforming an elegant point tower into the slab you see now. Good thing aA's such a strong firm and was able to pull this off anyway.

Blame the neighbourhood association for that. Appalled by the building's supposedly "excessive" height - abutting a rail corridor, no less - they managed to have a token few floors lobbed off, transforming an elegant point tower into the slab you see now. Good thing aA's such a strong firm and was able to pull this off anyway.

Yeah, im always puzzled how many neighbourhood groups always want these tall developments shorter but are OK with the width of the structures if shortened, even if it means more shadowing....they also dont pay much attention to a good design if its taller than their prefrence.

Last edited:
I don't know if the new approach that aA was obliged to take with their redesign resulted in the new forms that we see in some of their other condos - tripartite designs where mass plays off mass, podium-like slabs are parked atop buildings, and we get "double podiums" with such buildings as 60 Colborne and King Charlotte - but it certainly works well with this one.

my favourite part of this whole development is the podium section with awnings along Market Street. Adds a great visual appeal to what was previously a neglected dead end and of course is a modern take on the traditional aesthetic of the neighbourhood. Hard to tell from the photos above but have they started to neglect the sidewalk planters already? When I saw them last year they were full of colourful flowers... The Jaris Street side is not as nice and I wish it could have been set further back from the street.

Last edited:
my favourite part of this whole development is the podium section with awnings along Market Street. Adds a great visual appeal to what was previously a neglected dead end and of course is a modern take on the traditional aesthetic of the neighbourhood. Hard to tell from the photos above but have they started to neglect the sidewalk planters already? When I saw them last year they were full of colourful flowers... The Jaris Street side is not as nice and I wish it could have been set further back from the street.

The initial plantings last year were temporary and were mainly just flowers. These were replaced by what is there now.

Back