Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Supposedly the big crane is being used until mid-summer. So around then.
I live in Parade 1 on a floor where the bridge will attach. I asked one of the construction workers involved in the bridge project I saw in the hall the other day and he said June, maybe early July.

I live in parade and we got a notice last week that the glass on all balconies would be covered (like Tiff bell lightbox) because the glass supplier was the same one as on buildings that have been having glass breaks.
The covering is black and you can see it on the top 2 levels in that last photo, but it's already down to bridge level as of now

What I can't understand for the life of me is when the builder is saying "We don't know how long the coverings will be up, we're searching for a solution." Searching for a solution?!?! Use the glass you used on all the other CityPlace building! Use the glass that 99% of the condo builders in Toronto are using. Just don't use the same glass as in Festival Hall. And why has it taken Festival Hall so long to "Find a solution"? It's insane.

It's going to make for a great photo op when they're raising the bridge and all the media is taking shots of Montage with screwed up glass on it.

What I can't understand for the life of me is when the builder is saying "We don't know how long the coverings will be up, we're searching for a solution." Searching for a solution?!?! Use the glass you used on all the other CityPlace building! Use the glass that 99% of the condo builders in Toronto are using. Just don't use the same glass as in Festival Hall. And why has it taken Festival Hall so long to "Find a solution"? It's insane.

Hold your horses. Concord hasn't even determined IF there is a problem with the glass. Why replace it when they don't even know if it is defective? There is no evidence that the glass is defective and they have been given no indication that it may be. This move is just Concord trying to be proactive, since they used the same supplier for this building (And Discovery I and II up at Leslie/Sheppard which will also have the mesh installed) as the buildings that have been having issues with their balcony glass. If it is determined that the glass is fine, all they have to do is remove the mesh and everything can go back to normal.

It's going to make for a great photo op when they're raising the bridge and all the media is taking shots of Montage with screwed up glass on it.

Montage isn't included in this notice. Just Parade I and Discovery I and II.

I just noticed the black netting yesterday.
It's only on the taller tower from the 10th floor up (above the podium level).
It actually makes the tower look more interesting.

Skybridge Lift

Hello, all. Bear with me a minute.
I know I'm new here, but I can provide some information for all interested in how the skybridge will come to its permanent resting place.

http://www.buildingandconstruction-canada.com/index.php/sections/profiles/265-concord-adex

Is an article outlining the construction and lift.

http://www.westernmechanical.net/projects.asp?equipment=18

Is a web page from the contractor who is doing the lift, outlining the equipment that will be used.

From what I know, the lift will take place June 27. For all who want to watch, it will take between 8-10 hours to complete.

I have an inside source... my brother will be at the controls operating the jacks to lift it.

DanVan.

I also want to applaud all who have posted pictures of this amazing project. I'm not from the area, but had a chance last week to go see it. I've enjoyed all the pictures and information posted here and it gave me a chance to look back into the past to see how it all was built.

Thank you.

The cladding for the bridge should be starting up either this week or next week. At least that's what I was told

Hey Danvan, great first post, and welcome to the forum!

Hello, all. Bear with me a minute.
I know I'm new here, but I can provide some information for all interested in how the skybridge will come to its permanent resting place.

http://www.buildingandconstruction-canada.com/index.php/sections/profiles/265-concord-adex

Is an article outlining the construction and lift.

http://www.westernmechanical.net/projects.asp?equipment=18

Is a web page from the contractor who is doing the lift, outlining the equipment that will be used.

From what I know, the lift will take place June 27. For all who want to watch, it will take between 8-10 hours to complete.

I have an inside source... my brother will be at the controls operating the jacks to lift it.

DanVan.

I also want to applaud all who have posted pictures of this amazing project. I'm not from the area, but had a chance last week to go see it. I've enjoyed all the pictures and information posted here and it gave me a chance to look back into the past to see how it all was built.

Thank you.

Thanks and you made my day go south.

I will be in Europe when this lift takes place and sad I will not be there when it take place. It will be a sight to see this bridge been lifted up.

Is this lift going to take place during the day or night so the folks know when to visit the site?

The best place to view the lift will be on the south side.

I saw the lift in action when it was use to installed the Port Credit River Bridge. It took about 4 hours to put it in place once the bridge was moved onto the exist bridge.

I now can put my hope to bed that the lift would take place before June 20, the day before I leave.

I hope someone can get a full video of the lift and do the fast track like I did for the Portland Bridge.

7265213150_7c5a438311_b.jpg

7265213702_5c6104e3e2_b.jpg

Back