Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

from today
20110603016.jpg

What i love about that shot is that you can clearly see Minto Midtown (quantum), and even the whole skyline of NYCC. mississauga is quite far away from the city, yet it can look so close!

June 3
If I reading the site correctly, the steel framing is to blend the existing townhouses into the towers as well hide the gas line and possibly the hydro vaults. There is a possibility that this maybe a retail area.

For the last few months, the baloney railing have not been finish off on tower D let alone started on Tower and I saw the reason for it. They are changing the existing railing. As I got near the towers, I noticed there were missing glass on various floors as well barriers covering up these spots. At first I though the glass got broken based on the number of storms we had lately, but turns out that not the case.

Metal strip about 6’’ wide have been place at various spacing around the various floors, running on an angle going up the building. Adding this strips most likely has caused a number of panels of glass to be removed to the point a smaller section is needed where the missing panels are located at this time. I have never been impress with these baloney railing from day one as they do not enhance the building in the first place like they were supposed to. I guess this change is to resolve that issue, but I don’t see that at this time.

I expect to see a totally different railing system on Tower E when they start installing it.

The following videos will show the various changes and will not have any photos on line until tomorrow. The videos are from 3 different locations.

From the east side
[video=youtube;r8D_1IB4pQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8D_1IB4pQE[/video]

From Burnhamthorpe
[video=youtube;3mLinkuL_2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mLinkuL_2U[/video]

From Hurontario
[video=youtube;vqxAWYuF7kE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqxAWYuF7kE[/video]

June 3
Looking at the photos (100) I shot, there will be no retail as noted where the new steel is.
5795318359_694037d0d5_b.jpg

5795875944_028472411b_b.jpg

5795319121_9f4a221aee_b.jpg

5795880526_f9eec4e25c_b.jpg

5795860472_46015f5139_b.jpg

5795292253_cc19b2a295_b.jpg

June 3
Looking at the photos (100) I shot, there will be no retail as noted where the new steel is.

5795319121_9f4a221aee_b.jpg

stunning. what a crazy looking building. it blows my mind that they would build such a thing in a smaller city like Mississauga, i mean, these things are HUGE (no offense to Mississauga)
my biggest complaint is that rectangle box that are the townhouse podiums. wish these things would just stand on their own and come out of the ground!

There was a design competition for the buildings. They didn't just decide to build them in Mississauga. Architects submitted designs for the competition, and the people of Mississauga voted for this design.

SO GLAD to see that they are not leaving that big blank wall of the townhomes from the earlier phases. That was awful.

The most disappointing part about this project are the buildings made by the same builder right behind them. I wonder if the design competition was an apology of sorts.

June 3

Hello drum118 - thank you for sharing your photos! Some quite excellent views. I was wondering where you heard that there will be no retail where the new steel is as I had heard differently. Is that based on your own conclusions from your investigations or is that coming from the developer?

Cheers

Hello drum118 - thank you for sharing your photos! Some quite excellent views. I was wondering where you heard that there will be no retail where the new steel is as I had heard differently. Is that based on your own conclusions from your investigations or is that coming from the developer?

Cheers

Based on what I am seeing and knowing construction.

Here a shot from the north end and look how high the curb is. You can see that in the other shots. Then look at the footing.

There is no provision for any wood or steel support for a roof over the area. The one thing that lead me to think of retail while at the site was the location of the gas line, but it is bigger than what a retail would use after reviewing the photos at home. Everything is to high or big to say retail is going there. I could be wrong and time will tell.

5795922406_97b27cfaf3_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back