News   Apr 16, 2024
 35     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

The Junction

Junction boundaries

Actually, I live south of Dundas, between Runnymede and Jane. West of the actual Junction, northeast of Baby Point. I don't think my neighbourhood has a name.

The Toronto Star recently had a map, showing the area named as Runnymede. I've never heard this used anywhere though.

New Junction cafe: Gingerbread House Family Cafe

Looks like it's opening soon, corner of Indian Grove and Dundas St West, just a few doors west of Cool Hand of a Girl.

dsc01676adc.jpg

funny, I took almost identical shot earlier today :)

There's also a new vintage clothing/accessories shop that opened this morning, called "True Blue", located right beside the motorcycle store, nice place actually with really thoughtful choices, worth visiting!

Bad for the 'hood

The Junction is fast becoming the car wash capital of Toronto. A developer wants to turn the old McBride's site into a selve-serve car wash...even though there are two other facilities right around the corner on Keele between Dundas and St. Clair.

Read more here:
http://breakingprojects.com/junctioneer/?p=4205

The Junction is fast becoming the car wash capital of Toronto. A developer wants to turn the old McBride's site into a selve-serve car wash...even though there are two other facilities right around the corner on Keele between Dundas and St. Clair.

Read more here:
http://breakingprojects.com/junctioneer/?p=4205

I know, I'm crazy disappointed... I'll be living almost directly across from the stupid carwash... I still can't believe this will be a CARWASH of all things!!!!!!!

On another note, a really cool new vintage shop opened in the Junction a few days ago, called "True Blue".

http://junction-parents.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-second-hand-clothing-and.html

I checked out True Blue yesterday. It's okay, I suppose, for a "thrift shop." I'd like to see a vintage store of the calibre you see in Parkdale, or Kensington Market.

The owner is nice--a former raghouse picker.

What's the new Black Jack Grille replacement all about? Same owners?

She just started, she has a lot of great plans for the store, it's a work in progress :) I was there today and scored a few really cool pieces, love her prices BTW..

No idea about the Black Jack Grille..

I guess you live on Hook Av? How's the pile driving affecting the housing stock?

There have been two of the older houses for sale on Hook Avenue lately (ie gone up for sale AFTER the piledriving started) both have sold for over asking price. This is because, despite the piledriving, the houses are large and relatively affordable.

I know, I'm crazy disappointed... I'll be living almost directly across from the stupid carwash... I still can't believe this will be a CARWASH of all things!!!!!!!

On another note, a really cool new vintage shop opened in the Junction a few days ago, called "True Blue".

http://junction-parents.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-second-hand-clothing-and.html

The news of the carwash is almost depressing. There are so many of them around in the area and not one was redeveloped over the past couple of development booms. Fortunately the one at Dundas and Runnymede may be redeveloped for a midrise seniors' residence, but that's little consolation considering that for the Junction, the McBride's site is much more significant being in the more historic Victorian area.

I think everyone should at least express their frustration to their councillor (this is in Gord Perks' ward).

Hi guys,

Just seen this thread for the first time and browsed a few pages. My partner
actually lives near the Junction (Dundas/Runnymede area) and I'm there almost everyday. The Junction area is pretty decent and I look forward going to that gingerbread cafe.

Anyone noticed a few odd individuals living in the area? I've been approached by many, most recently a woman wanting to sell me a pack of hot dogs and roll of minced meat in a shopping bag at night:confused:

Back