Toronto George Brown College Waterfront Campus | ?m | 8s | George Brown | KPMB

There is an extremely tight deadline on this project, as is the case for many stimulus monies projects across the province. Like many buildings, GBC has gone through numerous iterations, some better than others, while changing cladding materials and finishes - largely the overall scheme has remained the same, however much of what it was at one point a few months ago has gone the way of the dodo-bird - this is due to budget constraints, but I think we should still see a great project come to life. As a further comment, this is a co-designed project - KPMB is not lead on this one.

p5

gbcpit.jpg

a little off topic, but what's going in the space between Chorus and Queens Quay? Are those trailers just going to be a patch of grass eventually? If so, I can't help but think it would have been a lot better to bring Chorus right to the street, and put that space at the back by the lake where it might get some use.

There is supposed to be a building directly north of Corus on Queens Quay, and another in the triangular grassy spot just west of that.

There is supposed to be a building directly north of Corus on Queens Quay, and another in the triangular grassy spot just west of that.

Correct; WT recently said that the space immediately in front of Corus will be used for Corus parking until the GBC building is completed - Corus will be using several of the GBC parking floors. The District Energy Centre will also move to the GBC basement so that temporary building will be removed too.

This is pretty disappointing overall - just compare it to what's being built in MCC ... I wish they could have built it like that

Back