Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

From today.

6808218126_1b95ceae99_b.jpg

There is a lot of cement being poured today. There's a constant lineup of cement trucks on Charles St. I assume now that the base for the crane has been poured and had a chance to cure, they are now pouring the area surrounding the crane base. Given a couple days for that to cure, could we be seeing the crane installation this weekend?

no crane installation yet,they are pouring pads for pump rooms, they have not dug the base for the crane yet, all the concrete poured to date has been poured on the North wall

I was told the crane is dug and they have started the large footing that encompasses the bulk of the site...

i am looking at the hole from the 27th floor at x condo and can confirm that i have not seen the pit for the crane as of yet

But isn't the crane pit already shown from the picture above? I have visited the site numerous times this week and I see them working on the crane pit.

What you see from the picture is a big box that they built up against the north wall with all of the rebar running horizontal,there is no vertical rebar,they poured that today,have no idea what it is for,they excavated 2 pits today by the box and poured 1 pit, they had both pits marked on the soil as pump pits.

The base for the crane is visible in that most recent picture. It's a little hard to steel because it's black and it's sitting on top of the rebar

The crane is going up Saturday if all goes to plan...

You are correct. There's a notice posted at X condo that crane installation will be happening on March the 10th. Charles, between Jarvis and Church will be shut down possibly for the entire day.

So have they already reached the very bottom of the pit in X2 (at least on the west side of the site)? Or is there more excavation required on the west side of site?

So have they already reached the very bottom of the pit in X2 (at least on the west side of the site)? Or is there more excavation required on the west side of site?

The Eastern portion of the site still needs some work (ongoing excavation). I'd say the site is split right in the middle. The Western portion has hit bottom, although dewatering is still continuing around the perimeter of the site and being drained into a canal on Charles Street (was told about an underground river here?).

Back