News   Apr 23, 2024
 290     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 305     0 

Sapphire Update, out-of-business (Stinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait until the real renders come. I saw some renderings not posted here and they look amazing.

Maybe, but factor in all the re-designs that we all know is inevitable, and what will we be left with?

That's the money rendering right there Cassius, that last one looks amazing. I love the look of the staggered exterior that rises to a point. It's exactly the unique look we need in Toronto. It would stand out but it's nothing too crazy and has a certain sophistication about it without going overboard.
It has a hint of the Hotel Georgia(Vancouver) in its exterior, and thats a good thing. Here's a pic.
28vancouver-801westgeorgia09.jpg

That crystal design does look great.
It would need reflective glass to work.

Note the crystal tower for the Hotel Georgia has been cancelled (an American developer bought the hotel and is revamping the plans with a completely new design).

i like the last one also cass-man. its a step in the right direction. done right, i think we would have a winner.

OK so 6 of the last 8 posters liked that last design and so did Harry. He's more-or-less said continue working on it so I suppose I'm heading in the right direction. Hopefully more to show at some point tomorrow.

I'm a bit startled by the formal slant of your design approach. Are you calibrating any of your moves, or are the modulations arbitrary?

:smokin

s i l e n t w o r t h

^ The initial renderings, as mentioned, were based on maximum density. Others, early in the thread, were interpretations of what was requested of me. A few were attempted interpretations of images/concepts provided by 3Dementia and the most recent was my idea. Although it may seem like I've gone directly from one thought to the next, I have been making adjustments along the way. Not everything I've done has been posted or this thread would be pages long already.

So, if it answers you question, there is a method to my madness though it may not appear that way on this message board. :)

Any idea when the final design will be shown? Last we heard it would be in a few weeks, and a few weeks has gone by.. lol :)

The images on the first page were the ones being referred to. If you mean renderings of a finalized product, those will be some time in coming.

cassiusa, any thoughts about rendering the building in a more 'realistic' way.... like.. say... i dunno... what it would look like with green glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back