392     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 741     0 

TTC Bus trip planners!

ap70

Member Bio
Reaction score
To the brain surgeons who plan the bus trip times;

Dear "planners" people usually go from North to South to work in the morning and from South to North in the afternoon.

It means that we all wish to have buses at the major intersections around 9:00am and 5:00pm.

A few months ago, I used to get streetcars at King and Parliament and at that time there was 3 street cars in line at 4:55 pm. Most of us who used to leave our jobs at 5:00pm had to wait till 5:18 till the next street car.

Now, I am using Bloor/Duffering South bus line and usually get there at 8:40am however have to wait till 8:55am to get the next bus and it somethimes is a "short trip" ...and the next bus come after 9:00am only....

The same happens to the north line from King/Duffering I have to be at the bus stop at 4:55pm or I have to wait till 5:15 PM to catch the next bus.

That is a time gap of 25 minutes that make us "common workers" to get a lot more stressed and tired.

But that is not everything...I ride from Duffering/Bloor to Runnymede station to get a second bus to north and again when all the working people is rushing to get home it is "BREAK TIME" for the bus drivers riding north at exactly the most demanding time of the day...and we all have to wait another 10-15 minutes after all this set back .

So please, make sure to understand a little bit more how real people use the system and remember that not everybody has the beautiful job you guys have, with good pay, flexible schedule, and a lot of time to sit around...

We do not need 6 buses going south of King at 5:00 pm...at this time they should be riding North in couples and with intervals of 5 minuts each...so they would be able to get people who leaves their job at 5:00, 5:05, 5:10...etc

Yet another reason why I drive, bike or walk everywhere in this town :rolleyes:

Who needs the frustration from an agency that couldn't give a shit about its customers

Back