News   Mar 28, 2024
 100     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 173     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 245     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't understand the appeal of the lanai balcony in some of these units. Are they essentially solariums?

People with older condos in this city have been spending money to get rid of these things, which essentially consume square footage without offering outdoor space, or pretty much anything of use, to the habitant. And in a place like 1 BE, won't they end up diminishing the effect of the panoramic views from many of these places?

Am I just not understanding what these lanais will end up being?

Has there been any news that Ellis Don will take over now that PCL has pulled out.
There has been no proof that PCL has pulled out. They still list the project on their website, as I pointed out previously.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't understand the appeal of the lanai balcony in some of these units. Are they essentially solariums?

People with older condos in this city have been spending money to get rid of these things, which essentially consume square footage without offering outdoor space, or pretty much anything of use, to the habitant. And in a place like 1 BE, won't they end up diminishing the effect of the panoramic views from many of these places?

Am I just not understanding what these lanais will end up being?

I am also a bit confused with what a lanai is. I believe it's like a balcony with a screen and a door, where as a solarium is just windows that usually don't even open.

Mr Gould does it again!

Looks like PCL is the second victim. It is now confirmed that PCL has been released from their duties on this project Ellis Don now moving in> Tucker High Rise had the same thing happen to them at Crystel Blu these new time developers dont have it right in this crazy market. I guess fiancing still the issue here, Cheers

As I've mentioned before, my friend who works at PCL have confirmed on the day of that PCL have pulled out of the project.
Here is a quote from his e-mail:
"The problem was that we were working at unit rates for everything until the final contract got signed
The client could not come to a price agreement in the end
PCL then backed out
Now the difference will be lost in quality and substantial completion dates due to the time they've wasted and the reputation of losing the most saught out builder in north america
In short, whoever contracts the job and finishes it will do it under too many constraints and productivity and quality will be lost of course
Bazis is a new player in canada
They have a reputation already of being cheap and losing money on their first run at it with blue
Most developers take deposits and begin with some of that capital
Bazis is known to take a larger chunk because they don't have their own capital to cover the essentials to start construction
If 1 bloor gets back on its feet soon, they might have a chance to make money but more importantly not lose their off shore investors
In the meantime they'll hold any new deposits from other projects to maintain their cash flow
So just pray that they get back on track"

Is CrystalBlu losing money?

As I've mentioned before, my friend who works at PCL have confirmed on the day of that PCL have pulled out of the project.
Here is a quote from his e-mail:
"The problem was that we were working at unit rates for everything until the final contract got signed
The client could not come to a price agreement in the end
PCL then backed out
Now the difference will be lost in quality and substantial completion dates due to the time they've wasted and the reputation of losing the most saught out builder in north america
In short, whoever contracts the job and finishes it will do it under too many constraints and productivity and quality will be lost of course
Bazis is a new player in canada
They have a reputation already of being cheap and losing money on their first run at it with blue
Most developers take deposits and begin with some of that capital
Bazis is known to take a larger chunk because they don't have their own capital to cover the essentials to start construction
If 1 bloor gets back on its feet soon, they might have a chance to make money but more importantly not lose their off shore investors
In the meantime they'll hold any new deposits from other projects to maintain their cash flow
So just pray that they get back on track"

Is CrystalBlu losing money?
arent deposits held in trust ? dont think you can use purchaser's deposits to start construction.

You guys don't seem to realize that these people have no idea what they're talking about :p And they are making shit up for some unknown reason. Crazy crazy people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back