Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

From today...
20100814085.jpg

20100814086.jpg

Tewder, I'm assuming you mean the render? And yes I whole heartedly agree. Hopefully that will go through further refinements before its actually built.

thx for the video link Khris! wish the guy who was talking could be heard better...

He should have narrated over top of the audio track, I couldn't understand a lot of what he was saying unfortunately.

Tewder, I'm assuming you mean the render? And yes I whole heartedly agree. Hopefully that will go through further refinements before its actually built.

Yes, that render is a joke and underscores just how bad we are at designing public spaces in Toronto. Frankly, I don't like too much about any of this project. I am concerned the building will turn out looking like Crystal Blu with peyronies disease.

Note this caveat:

A certain degree of curvature of the tower is considered normal, as many towers are born with this benign condition, commonly referred to as congenital curvature.

... so it's a bit early to diagnose this one as diseased.

Last edited:
That's weird. If that is the base of the crane on the left (Being assembled by the red portable crane) then it is not centered on the tower, but to the North of it. Are we seeing one of Toronto's first external-crane set-up since... since... Since I don't know when?

this is the news we've been waiting for... though with the positioning of that crane I'm sure we'll be seeing a second one for the tower at the south end of the site.

p.s. - this has been 4+ years of waiting from the time this thread was started!

Last edited:
this is the news we've been waiting for... though with the positioning of that crane I'm sure we'll be seeing a second one for the tower at the south end of the site.

p.s. - this has been 4+ years of waiting from the time this thread was started!

As I stated, we may see an external crane set-up like Eighth Avenue Place in Calgary. Due to the pointed roof and slanty penthouse suites, a crane in the centre of this tower still in position at the very end of construction may not be possible.

zx3i.jpg

(Courtesy Surrealplaces over at SSP http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4869553#post4869553 )

Last edited:
That's weird. If that is the base of the crane on the left (Being assembled by the red portable crane) then it is not centered on the tower, but to the North of it. Are we seeing one of Toronto's first external-crane set-up since... since... Since I don't know when?

It seems to be much too far from where the tower will rise to be an external tower crane. Perhaps it will be used to unload materials from Yonge Street onto the plaza/work site, as was the case with the Ritz. Or perhaps the crane will be relocated later on in construction, as was the case with the Four Seasons.

Last edited:

Back