Toronto Aga Khan Museum + Ismaili Centre | ?m | ?s | Aga Khan Dev. | Maki and Associates

Should really look stunning once all of the stonework has been finished.

aga-khan-21-08-2011-2.jpg

You can really see in this image how the profile of the inner frame for the glass is quite a contrast from that of the outside. On the outside it is quite linear, where as the inside glass follows a curved profile, almost creating a tent / marquee type feeling on the inside. Will be interesting to see how lighting is also implemented here. It will be quite the feeling for someone to go in the first time, as it will appear quite different from what they may have imagined from the outside.

From CHARLES CORREA ASSOCIATES via
id39447
:
200.jpg

Should really look stunning once all of the stonework has been finished.

Yeah the materials planned, I believe, are all very high quality. The glass, stone and metal (EG in the museum dome, which contrasts the cultural centre's glass dome) should all work together to make a stunning and very unique complex.

Neat how they're really taking shape, they're going to be some of the most unique structures around. The building in O-town is definitely fantastic.

I sure hope this architect gets more work here in Toronto.

My pleasure.... and whatever that black substance is that they are 'painting' on the bottom is now going on the full length - top to bottom. Today, they did both sides of the corner that is closest to the camera in the last shot above.

My pleasure.... and whatever that black substance is that they are 'painting' on the bottom is now going on the full length - top to bottom. Today, they did both sides of the corner that is closest to the camera in the last shot above.

I believe that is tar for waterproofing. Or it could be ECO-FLEX - "Eco-Flex is a black, water based, cold applied liquid rubber waterproofing that remains highly flexible when cured. Developed for both residential and commercial construction, Eco-Flex can be used on standard concrete or block foundations and also insulated concrete forms (ICF), wood, metal, polystyrene, etc."

Btw Jim, I really enjoy your photostream. The lightning photos you took were incredible! And thanks for all the Aga Khan updates, as well.

Does any one have access to the development / building permits that detail the construction, with materials and other details that we've not already heard about?

Back