TL7.jpg

TL6.jpg

TL5.jpg

TL4.jpg

TL3.jpg

TL2.jpg

TL1.jpg

DavidDePoe.jpg

Brewster, I've been admiring your Kingston Rd. images on "Then & Now". Wonderful!
But your photo of Maple Leaf Gardens (from another string) really caught my attention.
I noticed the sign for "McCutcheon's Camera Shop" because that's where my father bought an 8 mm movie camera in the early 1940s.
Here are some of the frames he produced on V-E Day in 1945.

McCutcheons-MFGfrombrewster.jpg

moviesV-EDay1945.jpg

Brewster, I've been admiring your Kingston Rd. images on "Then & Now". Wonderful!
But your photo of Maple Leaf Gardens (from another string) really caught my attention.
I noticed the sign for "McCutcheon's Camera Shop" because that's where my father bought an 8 mm movie camera in the early 1940s.
Here are some of the frames he produced on V-E Day in 1945.

McCutcheons-MFGfrombrewster.jpg

moviesV-EDay1945.jpg

Would love to see the video's Goldie and again credit for the gardens goes to Leonard Poole. I think it was Leonard Poole's grandfather who did all the 40's shots and Leonard did the 60's-70's photo's.

Many of the photos of the R100's visit to Toronto were faked - the R100 was superimposed into the sky.

Wonder if this was one of the fakes ?????

f1244_it4550.jpg

The 2nd & the last one look fake. Judging by all the people on the rooftops, the others look real.

I certainly agree, androiduk. They don't pass the "photoshop" test!

In those days it was literally, 'cut & paste.'

My father shot this parade during the 1920s - I think it's crossing the Danforth/Bloor Viaduct.

Parade-Viaduct.jpg

Back