Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I think it looks sharp. I don't agree with "whatever" about there being too many lines breaking it up. What jumps out to me is the strong horizontal emphasis on the silver mullions. The silver complements the colour of glass well too. :)

Actually the mullion caps haven't been put on yet. Those images weren't zoomed in enough, but maybe these show it better:

6455904759_a9de08bd4c_b.jpg

6455908969_45038a0f37_b.jpg

I think it looks sharp. I don't agree with "whatever" about there being too many lines breaking it up. What jumps out to me is the strong horizontal emphasis on the silver mullions. The silver complements the colour of glass well too. :)

i agree. the cladding is way above average considering what we've seen lately... and yes, the lines add texture and interest to the curtainwall.

I think it looks good in the render alongside the other details we haven't seen yet, i also think it's kinda early to call out on this one, it's far from done,

Four Seasons used vertical strips on the north and south sides, and they worked out.. hopefully this one will as well,

If the podium looks as sharp as it does in this render... EPIC!
aura-base.jpg

If the podium looks as sharp as it does in this render... EPIC!

A sharper looking version of the same render:

123-1909.jpg

The only thing that isn't consistent so far are some of the seemingly random window widths on the north side.
6455069523_c3707e4ebd_b.jpg

They look more uniform in the render.
123-1908.jpg

oh man! those ARE sharper renders!...

What kinda bugs me is the Bedbath logo on the east side facing yonge... it's front and center, and out of place,

the podium portion of the building is fantastic.. lots of setbacks and angles,, but i'll have to reserve judgement for the upper portion of the tower,

Question, there's a lot of space just north of the building on Yonge, is that going to be a public square, from the renders it looks like it, but anything interesting planned ? I hope it's not just concrete.

Question, there's a lot of space just north of the building on Yonge, is that going to be a public square, from the renders it looks like it, but anything interesting planned ? I hope it's not just concrete.

I asked that same question a couple dozen pages back: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...rk-III-(Canderel-75s-G-C)?p=547740#post547740

and the answer was to check this out: http://www.cosburnnauboris.ca/portfolio/distinguishable/articles18.php

There's going to be a publicly accessible space, but I don't think we've seen enough good renders yet to know exactly what's going in there.

^I disagree with your average 16 year old. There's no artistry involved here--just plain jane functional glass with awkward lines. That's the difference between quality and junkitecture.

Even you must realize this is not just funktional glass, this is some high quality stuff.

If you don't then maybe you're making a clown of yourself for our amusement.

I hate to tell you, (I know this is a bit off topic) but the cladding on L Tower will be nothing like this.

That's some sleek cladding can't even imagine how good the curved portion will look with that. And just ignore 'em Cal, he'd still be hating even if the glass was manufactured by the same company that produced the cladding for the 4 seasons.

Last edited:
Caltrane:

I am not talking about the quality of the glass; rather, I am appalled by the quality of the artistry involved in the placement of the glass, ie how it's put together with so little originality.

It's like pizza--you can buy pizza pizza--basic pizza but really quite bad; or you can eat really good pizza at terroni's.

Back