News   Mar 28, 2024
 31     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 534     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 345     0 

Sonder Hotel (was Templar, 348 Adelaide W, Rhed, 8s, Del Terrelonge) COMPLETE

There's been some progress on the roof of the hotel in the past week or so. First time I've seen anyone working on the thing in months.

I wonder how long it's going to take to get your room made up in this place?

"Your room's not ready yet. You can leave your bags and come back in January, Sir."

Exclusive celeb shooting by urbandreamer, taken mid-afternoon 25 November 2008, Adelaide and Charlotte. I caught Del Terrelonge with a lady friend/client? staring at his creation.

The Man:
DSC00643-1.jpg

His creation:
DSC00644-1.jpg

When I grilled him on the completion date, he said "I'm financing this project myself." When asked how Langston Hall is selling: "It's slow ... but I've got all the time in the world ... in this business long term." No kidding! He's a nice guy.

It looks disappointing. The large windows seem out of proportion with the small building and the blank vertical strip, which is the focal point, is entirely forgettable.

I don't mind the style and design but it somehow manages to feel very cheap.

Same two light have been on for months. I walk by this every day, and nothing is happening.

This one struck me as out of place. It just didn't fit the element and that is why I included that first picture of the ground floor.

They've removed some of the construction clutter at street level in the past couple of weeks. I wonder if they were asked to? This project has been frozen since before the credit problems erupted in the U.S.

Yes, it does look cheap (and much of that has to do with the cheap (looking) materials)).

This project appears to be dead. I would imagine trying to sell an unfinished hotel in this environment (with reduced credit and a reduced travel market) to be extremely difficult.

You guys won't believe this, but I saw three guys with hard hats on site this morning!

Back