Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

Here are some photos I took on Sunday, October 23, 2011. I still can't get over the scale of this acre site and the amount of concrete that has been poured. (taken with my BB Bold).

Looking West:

vllO5q

Looking east:

vGzDm2

excellent progress ^^^ gonna be a huge building that's for sure... IMO, this is like a mini Time Warner Centre, or at least a potential (esp. with that big curved wall of glass on the podium on the north-west corner)... weird something like this would go up in a suburb!

excellent progress ^^^ gonna be a huge building that's for sure... IMO, this is like a mini Time Warner Centre, or at least a potential (esp. with that big curved wall of glass on the podium on the north-west corner)... weird something like this would go up in a suburb!

Hahaha....North York is not the suburbs anymore....Maybe, Vaughan, Markham, Richmond Hill.

Hahaha....North York is not the suburbs anymore....Maybe, Vaughan, Markham, Richmond Hill.

LOL! ... "inner-suburbs" is what i believe they are called... Toronto suburbs are the most effed up suburbs in North American in terms of development...

Don't delude yourself into thinking that the quality of the finishes will even approach those on the TWC. Check the model shots on past pages for evidence of what we'll be getting.

Don't delude yourself into thinking that the quality of the finishes will even approach those on the TWC. Check the model shots on past pages for evidence of what we'll be getting.

it's obviously not gonna approach the Time Warner Center in terms of quality, which is why i said "mini time warner centre potential"

"Mini" is often used in terms of size, not quality. I do not have a lot of confidence that Hullmark Centre will not be anything more than a large building with an outdoor TV screen, if that's even being retained. The public open space at the corner could be nice, but we'll have to wait and see how inviting and comfortable the space is upon completion. I am not very optimistic that Hullmark Centre will contribute a whole lot to this corner when it's finished.

it'll contribute to the corner more than the parking that occupied the same location did before.

Big electronic bill board will be interesting. Although the space may be a little smaller than what people are expecting.

The T.V./billboard was replaced with spandrel. I kid, I kid, but it has been removed from the project. Thanks Tridel, you hired the right firm!

Old:

Hullmark_Centre_Tridel_condo_Toronto_Yonge_Sheppard_1.jpg

"Improved":

hullmark_centre_day_320.jpg

It's an older suburb that today is more urban than ever but still retains plenty of suburban character. We should think of suburbs in the way they appear in major European metropolitan areas, where dense, transit-friendly urban areas have evolved beyond city centres but are still detached from the city centre and hence suburbs. The idea of suburbs as very distant and characterized by dull streets, homogeneity, car-centrism, and low-density is a rather constricting North American definition.

It looks like the screens could easily be re-added down the road as well. The locals might not bristle as much once they realize how different the space will be with everything built up around it

Back