News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 635     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

What website did you go to? I just typed in arbys.ca and got a Canadian site with a store search feature. It shows there are still some scattered around the GTA, including one in or beside Yorkdale.

Meanwhile Edmonton appears to have no less than 15 Arbys. They sure like beef in Alberta!

I also found this vague and disconcerting "Statement to Customers".

I did go to the Canadian website but when I typed in "Toronto" in the store locator box it just brought up a map of North America. However if I type in my postal code it returns about 3 stores in the GTA including the one you mention. I hope they will return to downtown Toronto with a store.

I did go to the Canadian website but when I typed in "Toronto" in the store locator box it just brought up a map of North America. However if I type in my postal code it returns about 3 stores in the GTA including the one you mention. I hope they will return to downtown Toronto with a store.

There's still a full-sized store with drive-through out here in Ajax. The Whitby store, however, closed in the past year or so.

NOW is reporting that Joanne Kates is gone as the food critic for The Globe and Mail.

That's too bad. While she did lean towards the the fine dining side of things, I liked how she went after high-end dining establishments that served up over-priced but inferior food. Her review of Stock in the Trump Tower was awesome.

drum118;639391 Wild Wings and St Louie are popping up all over the place with Wild Wings doing the most openings. [/QUOTE said:
A Wild Wing popped up here in Leaside as well, but the windows are now papered up. Either they're renovating a one-year old store or it is closing down. With a chicken wings institution like Duff's just around the corner, I'm not surprised it didn't do well.

New Cafe at 60 Richmond East?

Does anybody know anything about the cafe or restaurant opening at 60 Richmond East? The construction looks pretty far along...

There is a new Scottish Pub called "Pipers" (a different spin on the Irish/British pub thing) that just opened on St. Clair west of Rushton. Its a nice alternative to the Italian fare in the area. I tried the Lamb Sheppards Pie and it was quiet good actually. The Sticky Pudding was HUGE and I tied to finish it but failed (its rich for one person to finish). Spent about half what I had figured I'd spend at the Rushton. Good tap and scotch collection of course too... I'll definitely be going back when stumped for dinner cravings...

There is a new Scottish Pub called "Pipers" (a different spin on the Irish/British pub thing) that just opened on St. Clair west of Rushton. Its a nice alternative to the Italian fare in the area. I tried the Lamb Sheppards Pie and it was quiet good actually. The Sticky Pudding was HUGE and I tied to finish it but failed (its rich for one person to finish). Spent about half what I had figured I'd spend at the Rushton. Good tap and scotch collection of course too... I'll definitely be going back when stumped for dinner cravings...

Sounds good.....but isn't there already a "Pipers" in Toronto? At the Royal York?

Sounds good.....but isn't there already a "Pipers" in Toronto? At the Royal York?

That would be Pipers Lounge - this one is Pipers Pub and Grill - probably not the same. I'd bet the Lounge at the Royal York is incorporated as part of Fairmont Hotels and not its own corporation - probably how the name got by the registry office.

Back