Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

from today
20111203031.jpg

20111203051.jpg

20111203040.jpg

Last edited:
the real impact has pretty much just begun as of now... here we goooo!!!! also, this one seems skinnier than the scale model looked,

Sony Centre Extension

6492808431_bfce428214_b.jpg

The L Tower rising. Eventually it will be more than three times as tall as it is now and an impressive sight and good looking extension of the the Sony Centre.

Last edited:
Not that its a major issue whether it will or won't, but I'd disagree with that assessment, at least from that perspective. I think it'll look like a completely different building as the cladding shares(the test cladding) no resemblance with the Sony Center.

Not that its a major issue whether it will or won't, but I'd disagree with that assessment, at least from that perspective. I think it'll look like a completely different building as the cladding shares(the test cladding) no resemblance with the Sony Center.

I think it will look good, with the cladding hopefully providing a high degree of reflection ...

6063181840_6545f8d9fe_z.jpg

Picture of the test cladding by drum118 on flickr.

LTower_cam17_FI_10-29-08.jpg

Rendering by Spine 3D posted on Studio Daniel Libeskind website.

i'm still not sure what to make of the cladding, but i don't think anyone's denying this will look good on the skyline.

Is the white/opaque area of the cladding the part that will make those vertical white lines that go up the tower?

The cladding matches all of the renderings of the building, so really what youre saying is you don't like the building. Don't get it people...

Caltrane's pic will be an awkward angle for l tower, not just because it is so tall, but the immediate area in the foreground is just a wide open plain which transitions to city.. it's weird.

and udo's pic will be a phenominal view, which, i never knew existed before!

Back