Hullmark Centre Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

there's a price tag associated with NYCC and the Yonge subway I guess

So if the going rate is going to be $600/sq.ft...then I got a bargain at Southbeach at $450/sq.ft...

Southbeach is further away and harder to access with TTC I think. West Harbour City is around $460/sq ft but they are closer to the city and almost walkable distance (takes more time to walk) and there's frequent streetcars running there.

$150 a square foot extra for access to the Yonge subway? I guess my easy access to streetcars didn't rate.

condos

can someone tell me what they know about King West in liberty villiage??? the builder is plazacorp and it is scheduled for occupancy in Dec 2011. any information about the vendor's, location price???

let me know

The Yonge subway does fetch a premium. While the main reason is the subway, many other reasons exist as well. With the subway comes the density which brings many shops, restaurants, cafes, grocery stores, medical offices, movie theatres and so on. Yonge will always fetch a premium due to it's convenience and centrality.

A subway is more reliable than the streetcar network and a heck of a lot faster. In terms on North York Centre, I find it interesting that new condos by Downsview station are fetching for similar prices as those near Yonge & Finch. Which strikes me as over-priced since there is essentially nothing walking distance from Allen/Sheppard except for the subway. Sure things may change after more condos gets built but generally, those two streets are quite sterile in terms of pedestrian activity. Allen Road is essentially a 6 lane local highway. Yonge is just as wide but the traffic almost never moves as fast and the street-scape is a lot more pleasant to walk along.

I find it interesting that new condos by Downsview station are fetching for similar prices as those near Yonge & Finch. Which strikes me as over-priced since there is essentially nothing walking distance from Allen/Sheppard except for the subway. .

We get flyers in the mail from developments in that area, and I have to agree with you that they are severely overpriced. It is almost as if they are taking into account that 20 years from now a vibrant community may develop if they build 2500 condo units in the area. To pay $450/sq. foot to live next to the Allen expressway is silly, to say the least. But since anywhere closer to downtown we're starting to hit $500+/sq. ft. on average, the developers may be betting that there will still be interest.

I would guess that Tridel would come out around $500 to $520 psf.

Remaining inventory at projects in the North York City Centre:

Spring: ~$490
Emerald: ~$500
Savvy: ~$450
Bravo: ~$480
Avonshire: ~$450
Palm: ~$450

in that list ... I would pick Avonshire no doubt for the price + features + layouts you get ... it'll would win hands down

Spring is nice too ... I can't believe Palm is up there though in $$, that building doesn't compare with anything on this list ... but I guess thats part of a separate discussion

heh, I guess since Palm's developer hired Baker RE to market the project, it's up there in the list. Otherwise, it wouldn't make it given shitty location and amenities.

Spring - is available NOW, BIG DIFFERENCE
Avonshire - not too convenient, too far from subway, can't compare
Emerald - higher finishes, built-in appliances (Miele, this alone is worth ~ 20K), nice layouts, IMO tops current Tridel offerings
others not familiar with, will not comment...

i'm waiting for my invite to attend the vip sales, hope the price will be in $500 per sf. with one parking.

in that list ... I would pick Avonshire no doubt for the price + features + layouts you get ... it'll would win hands down

Spring is nice too ... I can't believe Palm is up there though in $$, that building doesn't compare with anything on this list ... but I guess thats part of a separate discussion

Avonshire will provide shuttle bus ride to the Yonge & Sheppard Subway lines.

Preview Info

received from agent ...

it seems like same floorplans are proposed in both buildings, 'typical suite' sizes range from 546-983 sq.ft. with 9 foot ceilings, or ~ $497-$529 per sq.ft., and 'signature suites' sizes range from 1227-1512 sq.ft. with 10 foot ceilings (nice), or ~ $580-$595 per sq.ft.

overall average cost per sq.ft. @ ~ $535 .... plus $28,000 extra for parking

while I would never be able to afford something like this and I think its kinda of expensive for NYCC (this is not downtown TO afterall), I guess it matches Emerald Park across the street, like many have guessed / expected ... I suppose time will tell how well this project sells

Hullmark_site.jpg

received from agent ...

it seems like same floorplans are proposed in both buildings, 'typical suite' sizes range from 546-983 sq.ft. with 9 foot ceilings, or $481-$529 per sq.ft., and 'signature suites' sizes range from 1227-1512 sq.ft. with 10 foot ceilings (nice~), or $580-$595 per sq.ft.

overall average cost per sq.ft. @ $532 .... plus $28,000 extra for parking

while I would never be able to afford something like this and I think its kinda of expensive for NYCC (this is not downtown TO afterall), I guess it matches Emerald Park across the street, like many have guessed / expected ... I suppose time will tell how well this project sells

Did they indicate features/finishes to be used?
Are they going with higher end appliances like Miele, etc to make up for the price premium and compete with Emerald Park (is that the Bazi's project, too many Emeralds in NYCC these days).
I'm surprised with the added cost for parking in the burbs which was included for all developments not that long ago.

This site is where the strip mall plaza where Dominion is, right (SE corner of Yonge/Sheppard)?

Back