Rêve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

500 meters away can be a huge difference, the location of Reve is much better than Fleet st. the north part of Reve faces the Victoria Memorial Park and 550 Thompson Hotels, it is just 2 blocks away from King West and Portland (bars, restaurants, etc, etc),walking distance. believe it or not there is like $75-100 difference psf between both areas.

I don't agree with the $75-100 difference psf. I agree if you are going for a bad area to a good area, than yes, 500 meters makes a huge difference.
However, the Reve has a slaughterhouse in the area, and yes it is close to King West and Portland, however, it is not on King.
Plus, Front Street in that area is dead and you have tens of trains rumbling by every day and the Gardner.
Fleet Street is quiet but has a park and waterfront.

Anybody agree or disagree with me?

Jack

500 meters away can be a huge difference, the location of Reve is much better than Fleet st. the north part of Reve faces the Victoria Memorial Park and 550 Thompson Hotels, it is just 2 blocks away from King West and Portland (bars, restaurants, etc, etc),walking distance. believe it or not there is like $75-100 difference psf between both areas.

I agree, it does make a difference if someone is walking thats for sure. I was walking around there once and when I got tired it felt like i'd have to walk a LONG way to get back to the city... even though I was actually still in the city..I actually think the location of Reve is better than West Harbour. Reve feels closer to the 'city' thats for sure. As for price, If someone wanted to go with a Tridel condo, then Reve in comparison with other Tridel downtown condo's was priced lower. It's really on personal preference. I dont really like the gothic look of West Harbour, but thats just me.

My personal view: things south of the tracks feel like a distant outpost, and not an organic part of the city. Going anywhere from the waterfront involves crossing the rail zone, which is not enjoyable for much of the year.

In my mind, there's a big difference.

My personal view: things south of the tracks feel like a distant outpost, and not an organic part of the city. Going anywhere from the waterfront involves crossing the rail zone, which is not enjoyable for much of the year.

In my mind, there's a big difference.

I believe TCHC is planning buildings across the street/tracks from this location

I agree, it does make a difference if someone is walking thats for sure. I was walking around there once and when I got tired it felt like i'd have to walk a LONG way to get back to the city... even though I was actually still in the city..I actually think the location of Reve is better than West Harbour. Reve feels closer to the 'city' thats for sure. As for price, If someone wanted to go with a Tridel condo, then Reve in comparison with other Tridel downtown condo's was priced lower. It's really on personal preference. I dont really like the gothic look of West Harbour, but thats just me.

Right, I'm not saying West Harbour City is worth more, however, do you agree with a difference of $75-$100 psf difference?
Look what one gets with WHC phase 1:
Suite features:
-granite kitchen counter
-Paris cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms
-Kohler faucets and Blanco sinks in kitchen and bathrooms
-stainless steel Whirlpool fridge, glass-top stove, dishwasher, range hood/microwave, stacked washer/dryer
-marble bathroom floors and vanity counters
-frameless glass shower
-engineered hardwood throughout
Does the Reve come with that?
Any other thoughts on what 1J + D would be worth at WHC phase 1 without parking?

Jack

Right, I'm not saying West Harbour City is worth more, however, do you agree with a difference of $75-$100 psf difference?
Look what one gets with WHC phase 1:
Suite features:
-granite kitchen counter
-Paris cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms
-Kohler faucets and Blanco sinks in kitchen and bathrooms
-stainless steel Whirlpool fridge, glass-top stove, dishwasher, range hood/microwave, stacked washer/dryer
-marble bathroom floors and vanity counters
-frameless glass shower
-engineered hardwood throughout
Does the Reve come with that?
Any other thoughts on what 1J + D would be worth at WHC phase 1 without parking?

Jack

Yes, Reve comes with all that. All these features are pretty standard these days on any project in the City.

Look what one gets with WHC phase 1: Does the Reve come with that?
Suite features:
-granite kitchen counter YES
-Paris cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms NO
-Kohler faucets and Blanco sinks in kitchen and bathrooms NO
-stainless steel Whirlpool fridge, glass-top stove, dishwasher, range hood/microwave, stacked washer/dryer YES

-marble bathroom floors NO and vanity counters YES
-frameless glass shower YES
-engineered hardwood throughout NO, comes with laminate

Any other thoughts on what 1J + D would be worth at WHC phase 1 without parking? $292,000

I'll take it up a notch on value. If you are going to pay +$500 psf for high-end Reve suite for a location on Front Street, go north to Wellington at Spadina and take a look at the 400 Wellington project by Sorbara. Same price range and much closer to the action than Reve. Better long term investment as Wellington is a future avenue of million dollar suites. Front street not.

Now, if only Sorbara could finally do their promised relaunch with slicker marketing as the 400 wellington thread indicates. Our 'hood waits.

Parade 2 - Park View Residences vs. Reve

I just found out a 1 bedroom unit with 575 sqft is starting from $309K at Parade 2 which equals to approx. $539 PSF. I still think Reve is a good purchase compared to Parade 2 price.

What do you think about 300 Front's prices?
Reve & 300 Front are very close to each other and they will be built by the same builder. The 300 Front's prices are almost $200 PSF higher than Reve.

Does anyone has the price information for 550 Wellington www.550wellington.com?

Last edited:
If you are talking about reve in regard with TCHC's future development, doesn't it mean that there will be social housing right beside Parade?

I'll take it up a notch on value. If you are going to pay +$500 psf for high-end Reve suite for a location on Front Street, go north to Wellington at Spadina and take a look at the 400 Wellington project by Sorbara. Same price range and much closer to the action than Reve. Better long term investment as Wellington is a future avenue of million dollar suites. Front street not.

Now, if only Sorbara could finally do their promised relaunch with slicker marketing as the 400 wellington thread indicates. Our 'hood waits.

While I definitely agree with you about 400 Wellington, it's not like Reve is a distant outpost by comparison. It's literally about a three minute walk down the street. And say you're heading to one of the restaurants on King West (KiWe, Conviction, Lee, Bier Markt, new restaurants at 550 Welington etc.), Reve is actually closer to all of these.

Also, while the address may say Front Street, the North facing on Niagara could be seen as the "front" in many ways. It faces a beautiful park and connects it to the rest of the neighbourhood – especially once 550 Wellington is built across the park. For people that are living here and not driving, this will most likely be what they see as their main entry point to the city outside.

It's interesting that many people say this isn't King West, seemingly because it isn't on King itself. As someone who lives in the area, I consider this neighbourhood's boundaries as Bathurst, Adelaide, Spadina and Front. And walk around and you'll see that the park is very much central to the neighbourhood here. Plus, at Reve, you're off a busy main street (except for the Front St. side I guess), which is much better when you want to sleep at night without being disturbed by the club crowd.

If you are talking about reve in regard with TCHC's future development, doesn't it mean that there will be social housing right beside Parade?

Sorry, what does TCHC stand for? And i'd like to know more about this "social housing"?? What exactly is that?

Opps never mind, I just searched it. But I was told there would be a Park south of Front street across the tracks. So i dont think they would build housings there..

Back