Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Damn. If they did that better it might be enough to make me like this building. All glass blue/green buildings are getting tiresome.

I don't believe MLS is of the blu/green sort. What we've seen so far is black spandrels (is that the right term?) and reflective glass (no tint)

The glass on MLS is far and away better than anything we've seen go up on a building in Toronto recently. I didn't have really high expectations for the glass on this, so I've been surprised. Let's hop the curtain wall glass doesn't change at the tower section.

There's really not many other colours of glass used : - )

You should see this in person btw ... you'd be very impressed with MLS. Looks very nice.

On my walk today

dsc01061ua7.jpg

wow does this podium ever looks MASSIVE on the ground :eek:

Looks like a university building right now, but its looking good!

I expected an average looking green glassed condo here, but so far this is proving to be much more.

What's that dude doing on the street, carjacking?

Anyway, this is off to a really promising start. I have a sneaking suspicion that in about 3 years from now some UT'ers who are RoMLS residents will be bitching about the noise from below in the real estate thread, apparently not realizing what they bought into.

That's very nice looking. I gotta get me down there to see it in person. Thanks for the photos.

Some shots I got of the office portion of the podium down at the southwest corner. Notice the moiré pattern in the panels between the windows. Pretty cool detail I think!

2889615261_f1ce8e9e53.jpg

2889615341_5b00020e63.jpg

2890450304_dcfdb9921f.jpg

October 4th Update

wow can't believe I had to look through 3 pages in Projects & Construction to find this thread ...

IMG_2324.jpg

Great picture Solaris! The glass around the podium is looking absolutely unbelievable!! Never thought it would turn out this way. Cant wait till its completely wrapped around. Im loving how there are multiple colors/shades and different patterns of glass. Cant wait for the finished product.

Very curious to see what the tower portions of the glass will look like. We should find out soon enough as it seems like they are leveling off the podium. It has finally reached a height that is taller than the ACC.

Back