Taken this afternoon:

DSCN0323.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0326.jpg

Installing glass:

DSCN0332.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

Awww! That sucks. I wondered about the timing of the photos.

Well, get better, and I'll see you at the amputation party, assuming it all goes gangrenous.*

*Actually, your personal hygiene habits are beyond reproach. I just wanted to write 'gangrenous'.

That pic must have been taken a couple weeks ago based on the newer pics from Simply Dan.
His pics show almost all of the glass on that wing portion.

I walked around the site and the building just keeps getting better....but it appears to have a lot of work to go. It will be a tight fit to open in mid-November.

That last image is interesting with the streetcar cables and tracks actually appearing complementary to the AGO wing.

I was looking at the Dundas side of the building the other day and wondering, how will the streetcar poles work? The poles that are currently there look like they're temps (they've been sunk into what used to be the curb lane of Dundas, and are much closer to the middle of the road than they are to the old curb), but the Galleria comes so close to the edge of the sidewalk that it feels like there won't be any room for the streetcar poles to go there later.

Has anyone seen a streetscaping plan? They aren't taking away the Eastbound curb lane in front of the AGO are they?

Has anyone seen a streetscaping plan? They aren't taking away the Eastbound curb lane in front of the AGO are they?

In typical Toronto style there is no street-scaping plan. They are going to leave everything the way it is and fill in any holes, uneven pavement etc., with asphalt. Its a sure shot solution, Toronto style!

Honestly though, lets hope that they do- what a shame if they don't!

p5

Back