Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Test panels are still up - left is definitely clear and the right a bit frosted. I like the clear one personally.

MARKET-WHARF-14-05-2012-1.jpg

MARKET-WHARF-14-05-2012-2.jpg

MARKET-WHARF-14-05-2012-3.jpg

The more fogged ones on the right are better to me as the show less of what's behind it where as with the other side it seem wile being clear seeing the back wall through it makes it very busy and distracting from the form of the buildings balconies. Just my thought.Then again that's only if directly looking at these faces (west and east). But from below the clear could look good. As it blends out looking up at it.

Last edited:
I'm more interested in how the panels will look from our balcony and from inside our condo than in how the building will look to people on the street. For that reason, I prefer the more transparent panels. The more light we get, the better.

I think it should be frosted white, like in the rendering. That would provide the best contrast and show off those curves.

For what it is worth, I like the far left one as well. Was there today and they were marking the balconies where the railings are going to go. I guess they are getting ready to start the installation of them soon.

Will you and khristopher be living in the tower?

No but I will have to look at it every day, so I'd like it to look its best, but then again, I feel that way about all the buildings going up in Toronto. Who knows, one day we might actually have a city that most people consider beautiful. It can't hurt to try.

Last edited:
No but I will have to look at it every day, so I'd like it to look its best, but then again, I feel that way about all the buildings going up in Toronto. Who knows, one day we might actually have a city that most people consider beautiful. It can't hurt to try.

No, but you see the wrong balcony glazing might impede the amount of light entering frelwa's unit ever so slightly. Won't somebody think of him (or her)!?! Torontovibe, you're so selfish.

No, but you see the wrong balcony glazing might impede the amount of light entering frelwa's unit ever so slightly. Won't somebody think of him (or her)!?! Torontovibe, you're so selfish.

Hey, if wanting my city to be beautiful is selfish, I'm guilty as charged. (and don't feel the slightest bit guilty)

Hey, if wanting my city to be beautiful is selfish, I'm guilty as charged. (and don't feel the slightest bit guilty)

Don't worry, I was completely joking regarding you, but rather mocking the pompous selfishness exhibited above. I'm on your side.

Don't worry, I was completely joking regarding you, but rather mocking the pompous selfishness exhibited above. I'm on your side.

Pompous selfishness? In the context of preferring transparent over frosted glass? Please.

I recognize God is in the details (and also think the frosted looks better) but come on.

Pompous selfishness? In the context of preferring transparent over frosted glass? Please.

I recognize God is in the details (and also think the frosted looks better) but come on.

No. In the context of "Will you and Khristopher be living in the tower?" as if their opinion means nothing since they're not purchasers. That comment came off as very arrogant in my opinion.

Back