News   Mar 18, 2024
 624     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 737     0 

Old street car on Queen west. March 24, 2008.

Mustapha

Member Bio
Reaction score
It was already pulling away when I uncased my camera. I love these old cars.

DSCF0032.jpg

too bad this happened on a weekday. i would've loved to see them in person if they had the parade on the weekend.

oh, well then :(

i was going by the date in the original post.

don't worry, you didn't miss much else at the parade.. unless you were like the trashy old man gawking at the 30-something strong showing of various "Miss (insert town here)"s... Miss Orangeville? Really?

The TTC is bringing out the historic streetcars a lot more for various events and parades, so you'll have more chances.

In fact... as the next UT event, why don't we book a streetcar for a couple hours for a tour around new developments downtown?? It'd really just work out to about $50 a person probably.

I always thought it would be great if an Adelaide St. streetcar ROW replaced Queen St. that the 501 Queen car could continue on as a heritage "tourist" line with these old cars.

don't worry, you didn't miss much else at the parade.. unless you were like the trashy old man gawking at the 30-something strong showing of various "Miss (insert town here)"s... Miss Orangeville? Really?

The TTC is bringing out the historic streetcars a lot more for various events and parades, so you'll have more chances.

In fact... as the next UT event, why don't we book a streetcar for a couple hours for a tour around new developments downtown?? It'd really just work out to about $50 a person probably.

I'm IN

Back