Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Trump has had police officers on site nearly every day for this whole year. Not odd at all.

The "cage" is the maintenance unit for servicing the spire.

Trump has had police officers on site nearly every day for this whole year. Not odd at all.

The "cage" is the maintenance unit for servicing the spire.

Unless they being hiding, no officer was seen either during the day or night by me for sometime. I cannot speak for others days, as I am not down there daily or every week. I have seen construction personal flagmen stopping traffic with no officer in sight. There has been security firm on duty at both entrance for long time and not sure when they started or are still around, but none seen on Bay as I went by.

I understand what the cage was for and new since my last visit.

The cop isn't always on the street. But there has generally been one on site for a long, long time now. Since March, at least. Lately a lot less, though, definitely. Sometimes the cop hangs out inside. What was happening is that we had him on site all day, but really we only needed him at certain times throughout the day.

Security has been on site for as long as I can remember.

Last edited:
Where will the cage be placed when it's not being used? The bottom or top of the spire? It's definitely going to change the look of the spire. And not for the better.

That's a good question that I don't have the answer to, unfortunately. All I can say for sure is that the unit is the permanent one for servicing the spire (for cleaning, light replacement, or glass repairs). Beyond that, I don't know if they plan on disassembling it when they don't plan on using it or not. Honestly, after construction is complete, that won't be an easy operation at all (the derrick crane was actually used to put it up there). For now, it'll be used to install lighting and glass on the spire itself.

Last edited:
Ugliest glass in the downtown core. Ugliest spire in the downtown core. Ugliest new building in the downtown core. Congrats Mr. Trump you've managed to build another ugly building. Of course, beauty (or lack thereof) is in the eye of the beholder.

wow. the terrace in indiglos pic looks massive! i didn't know residents would have the wrap around view.... that deserves to be shared for more than one resident!!!
oh god. the mechanical box is so cool for some reason!... mostly because it's so tall!

Perhaps they'll convert the cage into Toronto's version of the Time Square Ball just in time for New Year's Eve.

How can you say that? That's not the finished product btw. It's just like saying L tower is ugly without seeing any cladding and just looking at the bare concrete,

Trump Tower is a little further along than L Tower. Enough to know what it's going to look like. BTW, I think L Tower is going to look great!

Back