310     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 671     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.5K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew the Fords accommodate Muslims with halal food (but again, alcohol would be served as well, which is not halal).

Since food is repeated twice, pork would be available as well.

The Fords would have an extremely difficult time if they had to have an all-Halal diet for a week (which means being sober for a week as well).

Last edited:
How does throwing a drink at someone's feet (and missing them) lead to assault charges? Ridiculous.
Apparently it's only assault if it's someone rich and well-known. If Ford actually follows through on this and presses charges it's just further proof how venal and small he is. The bottom line is she missed, so nothing really happened. If he got hit in the face and was hurt, I'd say, sure, that's assault. But getting someone slightly wet isn't. What a prick.

Having been inspired by this slurpee throwing incident, is it too paranoid to think that the Fords might stage something similar at their FordFest party, to garner more public support?

I seriously have to question the police if they allow this event to go through. This is a disaster waiting to happen. Forget anti-Ford protesters, the potential for gang retaliation alone should set off a few alarms.

Last edited:
It's not at all funny, or even very good protesting PR, to assault someone with thrown liquid. That said:

...is absurd. Again, words have actual meanings, and in this case legal meaning -- throwing something at a particular overweight drug addict because you disagree with that specific individual's actions is not a "hate crime". Seriously. I very much doubt he was assaulted because he's overweight or an addict -- he was assaulted because he's the mayor and has apparently engaged in illegal activity that brings disrepute to the office and the city. That's assault, but it's not a hate crime. You don't get to make up the definition of legal terms.

Possibly. As discussed at length earlier, there are surprisingly few mechanisms to remove a sitting mayor. But significant jail time would be one.

I was being sarcastic with the "hate crime" thing. Ppl have to lighten up. Way too uptight in Toronto.

Last edited:
Sarcasm isn't always obvious when engaging in online discourse so I'll just ask... are you being sarcastic or have you written this as serious comment. If it's the latter, may I ask you to expand on your statement, which seems to suggest that evidence that is potentially motive for murder would not be presented in court?

For something to be evidence (like a video), you need the physical evidence (i.e the video) otherwise what the hell do you submit in court?

I know you can't stand Ford, but think for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back