Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Sadly....

This is true.

Years of bad planning, underfunding and lacking a vision for transit just leaves me embarassed of the transit system that we call the TTC.

It's all too evident from reading about other transit systems elsewhere and hearing from friends and co-workers about visiting other cities and experiencing their systems that ours is laughable in comparison.

I don't see this being reversed in my lifetime. Indeed, I expect it will take decades to get our system up to spec and give the future rider a good system of getting around the city that doesn't take hours as is the case right now.

I love Toronto but this is one area we just plain suck when compared against cities.

Years of bad planning, underfunding and lacking a vision for transit just leaves me embarassed of the transit system that we call the TTC.

I love Toronto but this is one area we just plain suck when compared against cities.

Thats cause most of the present and past Toronto politicians lacked the balls to make transportation one of their electoral city priorities.:mad:

This is true.

It's all too evident from reading about other transit systems elsewhere and hearing from friends and co-workers about visiting other cities and experiencing their systems that ours is laughable in comparison.

I don't see this being reversed in my lifetime. Indeed, I expect it will take decades to get our system up to spec and give the future rider a good system of getting around the city that doesn't take hours as is the case right now.

Though we still have a long way to go in terms of transit, I don't think the TTC gets enough credit. Last weekend in NYC, I waited over 20 minutes for a train to arrive. Three northbound trains rolled on by, but nothing going down to Union Square. When the train finally did trundle in, I realized that I could have walked down to the square and had a meal in the time which I had just wasted. I'm just saying, Toronto and the TTC may have issues, but we do preform well in other areas.

Updates ?

I talked to the TONY sales person at the office there. I asked him if there were any updates, he says he doesn;t know. So I asked about his manager, and he said he doesn't know. So I said can you give me the contact info of the person that might know, and he decided to give me the general number of one of the builders.

Its nice to know, this project is represented by people who know nothing.

I talked to the TONY sales person at the office there. I asked him if there were any updates, he says he doesn;t know. So I asked about his manager, and he said he doesn't know. So I said can you give me the contact info of the person that might know, and he decided to give me the general number of one of the builders.

Its nice to know, this project is represented by people who know nothing.

Calling the sales office of most projects will result in what you just experienced.

Ah yes, I've actually had several terrible experiences dealing with TONY of that sales office. They were not neutral 'no-information' experiences, they were bad experiences. He was openly rude to me, and then changed his whole attitude when he realized I was going to buy, and then after I bought and was asking questions to follow up, he went back to being insufferably rude. I didn't want to buy from him in the first place because he was so rude, but I was not given a choice with who I dealt with, and now when I want to pull out, the only person I seem to be able to reach is this jerk. Of course he is sarcastic and rude whenever I try to get information, and when I mentioned that I thought a massive change of design should be enough to trigger a renewed cooling off period, he not only told me it was the case, but said he has never heard of a single other buyer who wants to get out. He claimed every other buyer he is aware is totally happy to wait, and I was the first to enquire about backing out. I happen to know several other people who want out too, so I know he's full of it. I don't know if it annoyed me more that he lies so blatantly or just the manner with which he tells them. The fact that the developer seems content to let this blowhard be the face and representative of the development is terrible in my opinion. It is also ridiculous that with 1 Bloor failing so publicly the developer does not see fit to provide their purchaser with ANY kind of communication so we even have a hint about what is going on.

Ah yes, I've actually had several terrible experiences dealing with TONY of that sales office. They were not neutral 'no-information' experiences, they were bad experiences. He was openly rude to me, and then changed his whole attitude when he realized I was going to buy, and then after I bought and was asking questions to follow up, he went back to being insufferably rude. I didn't want to buy from him in the first place because he was so rude, but I was not given a choice with who I dealt with, and now when I want to pull out, the only person I seem to be able to reach is this jerk. Of course he is sarcastic and rude whenever I try to get information, and when I mentioned that I thought a massive change of design should be enough to trigger a renewed cooling off period, he not only told me it was the case, but said he has never heard of a single other buyer who wants to get out. He claimed every other buyer he is aware is totally happy to wait, and I was the first to enquire about backing out. I happen to know several other people who want out too, so I know he's full of it. I don't know if it annoyed me more that he lies so blatantly or just the manner with which he tells them. The fact that the developer seems content to let this blowhard be the face and representative of the development is terrible in my opinion. It is also ridiculous that with 1 Bloor failing so publicly the developer does not see fit to provide their purchaser with ANY kind of communication so we even have a hint about what is going on.

Excellent post/rant riley. Your completely correct to question a developer who was overtly rude until he/she saw you as a customer (you should take the high road here and incessantly leave insulting/asinine messages on their machine). I'm not a buyer at this point in my life, but I do frequent sales offices to take pictures of models, get information and check out suite layouts. I have had several experiences like yours where I am treated with hostility until I lie and say that I am interested in the development as a potential buyer - then the red carpet gets rolled out and its tea and scones for everyone!

Sales staff has limited knowledge of what is going on in the development side (that doesn't give them any excuse to be rude obviously). Usually they are hired by the developer from third party sales and marketing companies and don't actually work for the development proponents... if like me you visit a lot of sales offices around the city, you quickly come to recognize sales staff that move around from project to project by different development proponents.

/\ So if they are actually employed by a company which specializes in the training and hiring of sales agents, wouldn't they have given them some instruction in common courtesy?

Still waiting for updates

Sales training that includes customer service and common sense WOW! I want to live to see that day!

But with any other project in life, if you are the person that paid for it already you can not do much but wait!

Back