News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 372     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2.1K     1 

The Weather

Ya, I'm cold. We are below normal yet again :( This years weather has sucked.
However, my heat is not on in my building yet.

Ya, I'm cold. We are below normal yet again :( This years weather has sucked.
However, my heat is not on in my building yet.
Not for me. As an ATGATT motorcyclist, with an air cooled vintage bike, there is nothing I hate more than hot August days. Give me 20-22'C all year round and I'd be happy as a fat mayor with a bucket of fried chicken in a crack house.

This Saturday was absolutely beautiful (and unexpected). I was out in a long-sleeve shirt and I, too, was sweating. But alas, as I type this message out, it is Sunday morning and the rain is pitter-pattering on my window sill quite loudly. When I peer out the window, I see a torrent of rainfall hitting the sidewalk in front of me. What a difference from yesterday. :eek:

Actually, Environment Canada forecasts that it will be warmer than normal and that there will be less precipitation than normal through the end of the year.

So far so good! Last weekend felt more like November weather. Last year's winter was just insane! Polar Vortex's, Frost quakes, lots and lots of snow. Toronto had a record 36 extreme cold weather alerts, which is more than the last three winters combined. We have had zero alerts so far. That might change this week, we got a few days of extreme cold, than it start's warming up again. :cool:

It's warm now...but the forecast for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Jan 5-7) is high of -7°C and low of -21°C! Brrrrr...

Brutal snow along the Lakeshore of Peel this morning. Several cenitimetres already on the ground by 8AM. Roads were mostly unplowed.

I was surprised pulling into downtown that it was quite calm. It must be a very localized lake effect storm. Port Credit station was a mad house with no visible parking lines.

Brutal snow along the Lakeshore of Peel this morning. Several cenitimetres already on the ground by 8AM. Roads were mostly unplowed.

I was surprised pulling into downtown that it was quite calm. It must be a very localized lake effect storm. Port Credit station was a mad house with no visible parking lines.

What snow? Here in Weston, maybe a dusting, but all gone now.

Back