Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

First of all they'd need a rezoning, which would be public knowledge and they wouldn't be selling condos for a tower they don't have permissions to build yet.
I thought this was common practice for builders to sell units when they don't even have permission to build on the property yet.

One thing however, that doesn't make sense, is that they are building a sales centre for a building that hasn't even had a preview event yet. Usually a condo gets announced, and then they build the sales centre.

July 12

IMG_july-12-09-0096.jpg

IMG_july-12-09-0097.jpg

Rest of the scaffolding should be down by week ends
IMG_july-12-09-0098.jpg

In this economic climate I'd say be more realistic and apply for another 5 floors to the existing Ritz, or 7 and cap it at 60 floors.

According to the onsite construction workers, this is going to be a presentation centre for a new Ritz-Carlton condo (40-50s) tower; no mention of a hotel. It's slated for construction in two years time...

Thats all good.:)

I talked to someone at Cadillac Fairview, it's going to be an office tower on that site.

I remember seeing planning documents 10 years old that listed that site at Simcoe Place Phase III, so I don't think that's a new revelation

Maybe they plan on using for it for sales and marketing for the hotel once it's opened as well. Couldn't hurt.

Also be nice if they valet parked all those really nice cars that will be arriving at the hotel at that parking lot for all the passerby's to gawk at. Probably be worth more to cadillac fairview to use in that way as opposed to just a regular everyday parking lot.

Back