395     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.8K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

The Weather

richmond hill. outside my house. 7.30am :D

dsc04528bl1.jpg

Jarvis & Wellesley (Jarvis Collegiate Institute), 2pm. My dog had a ball in the park but it was a little disappointing for the season's first snowfall. But then I don't have to drive in it.

PICT0974.jpg

He didn't show up in January 1999, when I'd shovelled five feet of snow outside the Winter Palace, nor will he ever ...

Ah, '99, what a winter that was!

Indeed. I remember being trapped in residence where the whole place became a 3 day long party. Every few hours 10 guys would get all dressed up for the snow and take beer orders for nearly everyone at the residence and then go on a trek to bring back all the cases of beer on toboggans.

It has been quite a few years since our last big storm so I think we're due for one. Each year goes by with about 3 or 4 big warnings of a storm coming but nothing ever materializes so I really hope we get nailed this year.

In that case I'll email you my address and you and your snow-lovin' buddies can come over and shovel me out if you like ...

He didn't show up in January 1999, when I'd shovelled five feet of snow outside the Winter Palace, nor will he ever ...

Ah, '99, what a winter that was!

I loved how after the Mayor of Suburbia had his panic attack and called in the army, the snow stopped, the sun came out, and the snow set to melting.

Apparently Port Hope and eastward got the bulk of it.

We ask for so little, and they take so much.

The snow didn't start until like almost 7am here in Mississauga. It was supposed to start around midnight. If it had, we would have had much more snow :p
We only have like 2 cms of snow in Mississauga.

In St. James Park most of the trees still had their leaves. Some hadn't even changed colour. This morning the park is blanketed with leaves that are coming off due to the snow and the sudden cold.

I used to live in a buildings with many dog owners. Winter was the time where I could see just how much dog pee I was unknowingly stepping in when there was no snow on the ground.

Back