Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

Tower 2

Solaris - i saw the ad in the Metro paper today. Also says 'register to preview tower 2 now!'. Does this mean tower 1 is almost sold?

yes I saw that same ad in the Condo Guide about 1.5 weeks ago ... my guess is tower 1 is like 70% sold and Plazacorp is ready to release the 2nd tower ?? I can't be certain though since I (a) don't work for the builder, and (b) am not a real estate agent

I did have links to the townhomes (floorplans) but they didnt work yesterday. I was curious and wanted to check them out so I went into the sales center yesterday to find out that they were practically all sold out.

This development looks huge. I wonder what effect it is going to have on the community with that many people move into it.

Looking at the prices though I am so glad I bought into my existing townhome years ago during preconstruction/prices.

Do you know how much of tower 1 is sold? Also did the prices increase for tower 2 or are they still the same?

Thanks!

Do you know how much of tower 1 is sold? Also did the prices increase for tower 2 or are they still the same?

Thanks!

I live in the townhomes across the street and was just curious so I checked out the sales center. I didnt bother to ask what percentage of tower 1 was sold and if the prices increased for tower 2.

The two model suites were ok looking, standard to other places I have seen but they shouldve completed them to give a better indication of what the balcony, windows etc etc will look like.

I wonder if they will have trouble selling the back units facing the streetcars and Gardner. The noise and the sightlines are probably going to be horrible. Well atleast from where I am I wont have to hear the Exhibition streetcars and the Gardiner anymore. :)

The two model suites were ok looking, standard to other places I have seen but they shouldve completed them to give a better indication of what the balcony, windows etc etc will look like.

The fit and finish is above standard... especially when compared to current CanAlfa and Monarch offerings. Undermount sink, higher quality appliances, etc.
The windows and frames are attractive and very unique... based on the scale model, but I do agree, it would've been good to see the real deal in the model suites

I wonder if they will have trouble selling the back units facing the streetcars and Gardner. The noise and the sightlines are probably going to be horrible. Well atleast from where I am I wont have to hear the Exhibition streetcars and the Gardiner anymore. :)

It's further away from the Gardiner than most other building along the Gardiner and noise won't be an issue when your windows are closed. The views of the Exhibition and Lake are unobstructed and should be great

Update

Thanks for the update CGM....

I contacted the sales centre and they are currently still selling phase 1. Since the broker preview the prices have risen 10k on some suites and 20k on others. Price are still amazing because parking / locker is included in the price.

Closing date was moved :(

Has gone from June 2001 to December 2011 i think...

Thanks for the update CGM....

I contacted the sales centre and they are currently still selling phase 1. Since the broker preview the prices have risen 10k on some suites and 20k on others. Price are still amazing because parking / locker is included in the price.

Closing date was moved :(

Has gone from June 2001 to December 2011 i think...

I'm surprised to hear of the price hike considering they have 3 buildings to sell/construct as 1 complex.

If they don't reach critical mass for all 3, none of them maybe completed so the closing date of December 2011 may be extended again.

p.s. - what was the original completion date, i'm sure it wasn't June 2001.

Also i think they are nearly sold phase 1 and will be selling phase 2 soon, I have a hunch that the price increase is due to phase 2 prices being higher thus they want to align what they have left in phase 1 with what phase 2 prices will be...

I dont think they will have an issue selling (despite the bad economy) as the prices are quite a bit lower than everything else in the area at the moment..

^ ... I don't think they have gone up that much ... Most of the increase is probably because of the higher floors. It's the best project overall in the area in my opinion.
Wow... I didn't think they'd push it back to December this early ... The project was only released in July and still hasn't fully opened to the public.. Once everything is said and done it will probably be completed for fall 2012

at least the builder is being up front about delays and realistic on deadlines early on!

It looks like a great project!

Prices

The price increases are surprising but I and a friend bought at the broker VIP sale several months ago and if I compare suite to suite the prices have gone up. As an example the 1+den unit they were advertising initially starting at 259,900 is now 279,900 (all base). For my unit the price for a 10th floor that I paid is now less than the remaining 3rd floor unit by a few k. I have been told the increase per floor is 1k and 2k on higher floors...

I do strongly feel that the prices per sq ft are way below everything else in liberty village especially when u factor in the free locker / parking...

^ ... I don't think they have gone up that much ... Most of the increase is probably because of the higher floors. It's the best project overall in the area in my opinion.
Wow... I didn't think they'd push it back to December this early ... The project was only released in July and still hasn't fully opened to the public.. Once everything is said and done it will probably be completed for fall 2012

Back