News   Mar 28, 2024
 247     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 629     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 375     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

those are some pretty brave dudes... hope theyve got some extra long johns on to insulate against that cold steel!

they could always tie it into the hydro grid and turn the whole structure into a giant heating element. they just gotta remember to cut power before it gets too hot :eek:

;)

Thanks - gonna be a bummer that in only a few short weeks, the frame will pass by our 10th floor lunch room and I'll have to go out in the cold and snow to take pics (note heroic whining) :p

yes grey.

Most people here are like: You like this project? ...Why?

I'm like: Well I haven't seen a steel frame building go up in Toronto for a long time.

And then they are like: Oh...

Who's most people? I agree that it's fun to see this building going up, but I don't think this development is as controversial as something like TT.

Kind of wish it was almost twice as tall, though.

Great pictures Geekaroo! Seeing the workers there really gives a sense of how massive those columns really are.

Is anyone else having problems with the webcam? Or is it just my computer? I've lost my ability to constantly monitor this project!

Is anyone else having problems with the webcam? Or is it just my computer? I've lost my ability to constantly monitor this project!

You're not the only one.

Does anyone know if KPMG will have their logo on this building? It'd be nice for such a multinational to have their name on TO's uber-corporate skyline.

what ever happened to that woman/"girl" on citytv books named ziggy?

Don't know, it ain't me though.

I just emailed the Bay Adelaide website asking them to fix the webcam...hope it has some effect. In the meantime I'll have to rely on friendly Torontonians for updates :)

logo

Does anyone know if KPMG will have their logo on this building? It'd be nice for such a multinational to have their name on TO's uber-corporate skyline.

I couldn't disagree more. One of the things I like about this building (and I am a supporter of this project) is that at this point they do not show a logo on the project. In my opinion the best buildings in the city do not have Billboards on the buildings facade. TD centre is completly identifiable withouta company logo. FCP looked much better before the change in logo (I didn't mind the oringal one because I thought it was tasteful). CIBC looks terrible with the companys initials. For a better idea of what I'm talking about please see any project owned by Ted Rogers.

Back