News   Mar 28, 2024
 313     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 338     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 697     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

I think people are looking for new luxury retailers to appear on Bloor St. Lacoste is already available in malls around the GTA.

^^^^^ well maybe since the Cartier is moving in upstairs (says the sign) they'll make it a double height store, taking over the lacoste/mappins? this could be a nice little idea

now... where the Cartier sign is currently... didnt there used to be a Wolfgang Puck sign there.. so... whatever happened to ol' wolfgang?

and also, where are lacoste and Mappins going to go?

My research shows Cartier's address being that of the former Lacoste location in the Colonnade: #108 - 131 Bloor St. West. I would expect Cartier to take over the former Mappins space, as well, for a total ground-floor size of 2851 square feet. I have no idea if Cartier would also expand through to the second floor as well. The Wolfgang Puck space is 2314 sq ft. Expanding into that would give over 5000 sqft to Cartier. My source for square footage is: http://www.morguard.com/images/propertyImages/Jan 2007 - The Colonnade - Floor Plan.pdf

Cartier has repeatedly said that this new Toronto store will be gigantic. I assume they're taking both upper and lower space.

I live in Vancouver and we have an Armani Exchange. When I left Toronto in 05 there wasn't even an AX in Yorkville. I bet there will be one there in time when I come back? (2010)

I live in Vancouver and we have an Armani Exchange. When I left Toronto in 05 there wasn't even an AX in Yorkville. I bet there will be one there in time when I come back? (2010)

A|X is opening in Eaton Centre, Yorkdale and Vaughan Mills. Yorkville deserves nothing less than a Giorgio Armani store.

I don't think there's ever been any A|X (which is similar in price point to Zara) in Canada outside the two in Vancouver. There was an Armani store where RW&Co is though.

I was at the HMV opening. A strange night. Music industry types celebrating the fact the new store's stock was now only half music. Not a lot of happy people.

I heard from a reliable source that Ardene is coming to Yorkville Ave. Maybe Old Navy should open a store too?

I heard from a reliable source that Ardene is coming to Yorkville Ave. Maybe Old Navy should open a store too?

Well that stocking store (forgot the name) has been on Yorkville since.. as far as I can remember... Ardene is just up its alley.

Yorkville Avenue is thronged with summer pedestrians again after the completion of the Hazleton Hotel. What a dusty mess that place made; for what? 3 years or something.

Back