Vaughan Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland | 93.26m | ?s | Cedar Fair

Behemoth when built in 2008 cost $26 million. I don't know if it would really be cheaper... I know you weren't being serious anyway, but just thought I'd chime in with that.

Would a Gondola/cable car be cheaper? That would be a cool transition from transit to fun park.....if it also got people past the linwood at the park gates (by processing admittance at the connect point between the subway and cable car) it might create an incentive for public transit use to the park.

It would be pretty funny if, instead of a giga coaster, we got the world's largest wild mouse rollercoaster instead.

I hope no ones getting too excited just yet, it could be 300ft anything, like the Windskeeker.
Which reminds me...

Why exactly does this qualify for a trend here when the WindSeeker didn't?! (the mod's erased a short lived trend on it)

I hope no ones getting too excited just yet, it could be 300ft anything, like the Windskeeker.

The building materials have already showed up and it's under construction.... so people (not me but coaster fanatics) can already see that it's a roller coaster of some sort based on the materials, building techniques and layout.

I've been a CW fanboy for years -- and what a surprise it was to see this thread turn up on the UT forums!

Nothing is set in stone yet, we shall have to wait for the official announcement...

Which reminds me...

Why exactly does this qualify for a trend here when the WindSeeker didn't?! (the mod's erased a short lived trend on it)

It's definitely a coaster. Like ladyscaper said, the footings, markings and supports are typical of a roller coaster. Also, the tag on the materials says 'GIGA COASTER CAPS', meaning over 300 feet. I doubt they would put that on the equipment just to fool us. Plus, given the hype behind the project as written by several theme park reviewers and critics, this looks like a big one.

Btw, I'm on cwmania as well! Same name as here, but I haven't posted in a while.

Congrats and thanks to Cedar Fair for making the investment.

I wish they would invest more in their tv commercials. The first one I ever saw was nearly laughable. They're so low-quality compared to what paramount put out... and they're carbon copies of the commercials of their other parks too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-dygpf3uHw&feature=related
And here I thought Jan and friends were Canadian

But back on topic... this news is exciting. Their main page might give a clue to the theme of the coaster

I wish they would invest more in their tv commercials. The first one I ever saw was nearly laughable. They're so low-quality compared to what paramount put out... and they're carbon copies of the commercials of their other parks too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-dygpf3uHw&feature=related
And here I thought Jan and friends were Canadian

But back on topic... this news is exciting. Their main page might give a clue to the theme of the coaster

Maybe one of the big American parks will have to make a commercial like this again:

[video=youtube;7RjU-0aZZ2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RjU-0aZZ2I[/video]

Someone who's following the progress of the coaster tweeted this:

@Wonderland2012 CanadaWonderland2012
Bollinger & Mallibard flyer is heading our way :p

Ugh, not sure how I feel about a flyer. We'll see if it's true.

Back