News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 842     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     0 

Near Future Renders

I really hope we get another landmark building for the Stollery's site sometime this decade. My only concern with the site is the proposed tall buildings study! Under the guidelines, it looks like the as of right height would be around 137 m and the max height would be around 250 m....not quite what some of us would like to see on that site. This is one important corner where I think the tall buildings study is lacking in future vision! .

Toronto is a city in the middle of a huge construction boom while most other big cities are at a standstill..i wouldnt be surprised if they would wait a couple years for the market to cool off before looking at or even approving such a thing..unless they are Lunatics.:confused::(

Last edited:
spasongs

WOW!

I just came across this thread. I did not want it to end!

Great stuff Traynor.

Thanks!

Well, it may be a while for the next one. I am not quite half way through that giant skyline render. I have already drawn 18 projects and can't believe how many more I still have to do. Toronto is out of control!!!!! And I have even left out some in the Entertainment District because they would have just become visual noise.

Oh well...Back to work.

:eek:

Dam Latman, I sure appreciate the time n effort, you put into your renders....I anxiously await your latest peice, and your work is beyond the call of duty.....Makes me crazy that some will still try to argue height with you, when you obviously take your time and do the research....

Great stuff, you and steveve could design, fictional cityscapes for movies, you animate them and he can bring them into cardboard reality.!:rolleyes: jus sayin...ya got talent bro!

Well here it is.

It took over a week of not doing anything else but this render. (Lucky I am the boss and can't get fired.) ;)

This is the high resolution Super Skyline panorama of many of the projects under construction or planned for the near future. The original photograph was generously supplied by interchange42. It was taken on his visit to Churchill Condos by Tower Hill at Spadina and St.Clair. I cropped the original and removed the unsightly transmission tower before I added the renders.

The full size and legend of all the projects is below.

5621809825_033e76ed01_b.jpg

(Original image courtesy interchange42)

Below is the cropped original, the render and the render with a legend of all the projects. Click on Next to compare before and after or click on the image to see it full size.

Attachments

• SkylinePano Render 002 A peg.jpg
    SkylinePano Render 002 A peg.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,261
  • SkylinePano Render 002 B peg.jpg
    SkylinePano Render 002 B peg.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 560
  • SkylinePano Render 002 Legend peg.jpg
    SkylinePano Render 002 Legend peg.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:
The versions I have are much higher resolution, but I don't know how to attach them in their original size. Anyone have any ideas?

^It has left me bleary-eyed and dizzy. Keep in mind I don't use any fancy computer programs to do these renders. I use MS Paint and draw each building by hand. Often drawing in individual pixels one by one.

I think interchange42 will upload the high resolutions for me. Stay tuned...

^It has left me bleary-eyed and dizzy. Keep in mind I don't use any fancy computer programs to do these renders. I use MS Paint and draw each building by hand. Often drawing in individual pixels one by one.

I think interchange42 will upload the high resolutions for me. Stay tuned...

I wouldn't even know where to begin to recreate this!

Okay: first, the future rendering at 3210 pixels wide. Below that, the legend and the "original" (radio tower removed) at 1605 pixels wide each.

ChurchillViewFuture3210.jpg

ChurchillViewLegend1605.jpg

ChurchillViewOriginal1605.jpg

Too bad I couldn't get Casa Loma in the view so we could catch that sweet new proposal there! ;)

Thanks Traynor!

Very cool! Thank you!

Thoughts:

1) Theatre Park looks so anorexic.
2) U Condos are going to look huge with everything else half their height in the immediate area.
3) I hope the Cumberland Terrace towers are gold. That would be an interesting contrast at Y&B.
4) Those Parliament & Bloor towers will loom large on the east end.

Back