News   Mar 28, 2024
 132     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

Confirmation that Scotch and Soda will be opening up in the new Yorkdale expansion.

J.Crew has opened at Yorkdale and when I was there on Thursday, there was a short wait to get in. I'm willing to bet that it would be CRAZY this weekend. Anyway, the website has also updated the prices to reflect Canadian costs, but a lot of people are upset because they're STILL charging duty. Basically, the Canadian costs (online, anyway) cover MOST of the shipping, so when they're saying that shipping to Canada is a flat $9.95 US, they're really misleading!

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1045454--higher-mall-rents-come-with-higher-sales

Higher mall rents come with higher sales

exerpt...
Yorkdale shopping centre charges on average $200 a square foot per year, plus $90 a square foot in real estate taxes and operating costs, for a total of $290 a square foot per year, Crombie said.

In comparison, Roosevelt Field, a comparable upscale mall in Garden City, on Long Island, New York, charges $100 U.S. per square foot, plus $60 in taxes and operating expenses, Crombie said.

Wow, so Yorkdale is almost charging what Bloor charges...wouldn't have guessed that, even given the stores that Yorkdale has and will be getting.

YORKDALE has its 2nd crane up! to me this is equally if not more exciting then a eaton centre food court. PLus I can watch cranes.

No but it looks like they might be putting up a third crane... they have so many extra crane pieces on the ground i dont know what other explanation there could be.

Yorkdale has blocked off the window in the food court. People can no longer eat and watch the construction work.

Attachments

• IMG-20111003-00227.jpg
    IMG-20111003-00227.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 510
The new Topshop at Yorkdale is truly great. Way bigger than the other locations thus far.

All Yorkdale needs now is Forever 21, Men's J-Crew, Urban Outfitters

Club Monaco - Yorkdale

Anyone notice that the Club Monaco moved from their location kitty corner to Holt Renfrew to a women's-only location near the hall to the subway? It doesn't look like they're renovating either (their website also lists the store as women's-only). Anyone know what's going there? Maybe when the expansion is complete, they'll have a larger location for menswear.

Yeah, I noticed that a few months ago and when I asked about the Men's, they said they will have it when they move into a larger store when the Yorkdale expansion is completed in a couple years

Cartier is taking that space. Club Monaco was unable to find a big enough store to do a womens and mens location... once the new wing is opened Club Monaco will move there.

the club monicos new location seems dead. most people in this section of the mall are just trying to get from the subway to the main part of the mall asap and not shopping. stores like the travel agent, rogers, stitch it,all survive because these are places you sometimes must go. they are not stores for impulse shopping. i wonder how much clientel they will lose located her. that being said i like their store appearance.

Back